In this paper, the problem of predicting the parameters (positions and magnetic moments) of an Equipment Under Test (EUT) composed of a magnetic dipole and quadrupole is studied. Firstly, a multiple magnetic dipole and quadrupole model (MDQM) is developed to simulate the magnetic behavior of the EUT. The parameters of the model are calculated using the values of the near field measurements applying the Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) algorithm. For the evaluation of the method, extended simulations were conducted, producing theoretical values and distorting them with noise, and then the developed algorithm was used to create the proper MDQM. As an evaluation criterion, the relative difference between the theoretical and the MDQM's magnetic field is considered.
2. Nara, T., S. Suzuki, and S. Ando, "A closed-form formula for magnetic dipole localization by measurement of its magnetic field and spatial gradients," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 42, No. 10, 3291-3293, Oct. 2006.
3. Song, H., J. Chen, D. Zhou, D. Hou, and J. Lin, "An equivalent model of magnetic dipole for the slot coupling of shielding cavity," 8th International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory, ISAPE, 970-973, Nov. 2-5, 2008.
4. Junge, A. and F. Marliani, "Prediction of DC magnetic fields for magnetic cleanliness on spacecraft," 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 834-839, Aug. 14-19, 2011.
5. Endo, H., T. Takagi, and Y. Saito, "A new current dipole model satisfying current continuity for inverse magnetic field source problems ," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 41, No. 5, 1748-1751, May 2005.
6. Weikert, S., K. Mehlem, and A. Wiegand, "Spacecraft magnetic cleanliness prediction and control," Proceedings ESA Workshop on Aerospace EMC, 1-5, May 21-23, 2012.
7. Carrubba, E., A. Junge, F. Marliani, and A. Monorchio, "Particle swarm optimization to solve multiple dipole modelling problems in space applications," Proceedings ESA Workshop on Aerospace EMC, 1-6, May 21-23, 2012.
8. Mehlem, K., A. Wiegand, and S. Weickert, "New developments in magnetostatic cleanliness modeling," Proceedings ESA Workshop on Aerospace EMC, 1-6, May 21-23, 2012.
9. Dumond, O. and R. Berge, "Determination of the magnetic moment with spherical measurements and spherical harmonics modelling," Proceedings ESA Workshop on Aerospace EMC, 1-5, May 21-23, 2012.
10. Mikki, S. M. and Y. M. M. Antar, "Near-field analysis of electromagnetic interactions in antenna arrays through equivalent dipole models," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 3, 1381-1389, Mar. 2012.
11. Ciamak, A. and H. Jurgen, "Real-time ECG emulation: A multiple dipole model for electrocardiography simulation," Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, Vol. 142, 7-9, PMID: 19377101, 2009.
12. Pan, S., J. Kim, S. Kim, J. Park, H. Oh, and J. Fan, "An equivalent three-dipole model for IC radiated emissions based on TEM cell measurements," IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 652-656, Jul. 25-30, 2010.
13. Li, P., Y. Li, L. Jiang, and J. Hu, "A wide band equivalent source reconstruction method exploiting the Stoer-Bulirsch algorithm with the adaptive frequency sampling," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 61, No. 10, 5338-5343, Oct. 2013.
14. Zhao, H., Y. Zhang, E.-P. Li, A. Buonanno, and M. D’Urso, "Diagnosis of array failure in impulsive noise environment using unsupervised support vector regression method," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 61, No. 11, 5508-5516, Nov. 2013.
15. Kapsalis, N. C., S.-D. J. Kakarakis, and C. N. Capsalis, "Prediction of multiple magnetic dipole model parameters from near field measurements employing stochastic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 34, 111-122, 2012.
16. Zhang, Y.-J., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, and W.-T. Wang, "A hybrid genetic-algorithm space-mapping method for the optimization of broadband aperture-coupled asymmetrical U-shaped slot antennas," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 16, 2139-2153, 2010.
17. Wang, J., B. Yang, S. H. Wu, and J. S. Chen, "A novel binary particle swarm optimization with feedback for synthesizing thinned planar arrays," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 14-15, 1985-1988, 2011.
18. Kennedy, J. and R. Eberhart, "Particle swarm optimization," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, Vol. 4, 1942-1948, Nov./Dec. 1995.
19. Elgallad, A., M. El-Hawary, W. Phillips, and A. Sallam, "PSO-based neural network for dynamic bandwidth re-allocation [power system communication]," Large Engineering Systems Conference on Power Engineering, LESCOPE, 98-102, 2002.
20. Knapp, D. G., On Modeling Magnetic Fields on a Sphere with Dipoles and Quadrupoles, Geological Survey Professional Paper 1118, United States Government Printing Office, Washington, 1980.