This paper evaluates and compares the reflection loss, absorption loss and electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of a diverse range of shield. A design methodology is presented to yield these three quantities and propose a new relation of equivalent impedance for multilayer conductive sheets with considering the equivalence between single and the laminated structure. Analysis is carried out for the study of three shields: i) Polyaniline/polyurethane (PANI/PU), ii) Aluminum-Polyaniline/polyurethane-Aluminum (Al-(PANI/PU)-Al), iii) Nickel-Polyaniline/polyurethane-Aluminum (Ni-(PANI/PU)-Al) in the case of oblique incidence for electrical and magnetic polarization.
Sidi Mohamed Benhamou,
"Theoretical Approach of Electromagnetic Shielding of Multilayer Conductive Sheets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 41, 167-175, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERM15020101
1. Reddy, K. B., J. V. S. S. Prasad, A. Srikanth, and K. A. Kishan, "Reduction of EMI for oblique of EMI waves," IEEE Students’ Technology Symposium (TechSym), 119-122, 2011. doi:10.1109/TECHSYM.2011.5783813
2. Lin, J., H. Zhang, P. Lin, X. Yin, and G. Zeng, "The electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of a low-cost and transparent stainless steel fiber/silicone resin composite," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 56, No. 2, 328-334, 2014.
3. Zhou, J., J. He, G. Li, T. Wang, D. Sun, X. Ding, J. Zhao, and S. Wu, "Direct incorporation of magnetic constituents within ordered mesoporous carbon-silica nanocomposites for highly efficient electromagnetic wave absorbers," J. Phys. Chem. C, Vol. 114, No. 17, 7611-7617, 2010. doi:10.1021/jp911030n
4. Schutze, O., L. Jourdan, T. Lagrand, E. Talbi, and J. L. Wojkiewicz, "New analysis of the optimization of electromagnetic shielding properties using conducting polymers and a multi-objective approach," Polym. Adv. Technol., Vol. 19, No. 7, 762-769, 2008. doi:10.1002/pat.1030
5. Han, Y. and Y. Lu, "Characterization and electrical properties of conductive polymer/colloidal graphite oxide nanocomposites," Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 69, No. 7, 1231-1237, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.compscitech.2009.02.028
6. Nhan, H. N., J. L. Miane, J. L. Wojkiewicz, and R. S. Biscarro, "Lightweight electromagnetic shields using optimised polyaniline composites in the microwave band," Polym. Adv. Technol., Vol. 18, No. 4, 257-262, 2007. doi:10.1002/pat.829
7. Préault, V., R. Corcolle, L. Daniel, and L. Pichon, "Effective permittivity of shielding composite materials for microwave frequencies," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 55, No. 6, 1178-1186, 2013.
8. Sihvola, A., "Electromagnetic mixing formulas and application," IEEE Electromagnetic Waves, IET, London, 1999.
10. Shi, D., Y. Gao, and Y. Shen, "Determination of shielding effectiveness of multilayer shield by making use of transmission line theory," IEEE 7th Inter. Symp. EMC and EM Ecolo., 26-29, 2007.
11. Gao, Y., Shielding and Grounding, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications Press, 2004.
12. Waber, M., "Reflection and transmission properties of a conductive slab in time domain," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 21-26, 1996.
13. Schulz, R. B. and V. C Plantz, "Shielding theory and practice," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 30, No. 3, 187-201, 1988.
14. Ma, S. W. and Y. Gao, "The equivalent transmission line method for calculating multi-layer plane shielding effectiveness," Chinese J. of Radio Sci., Vol. 4, 20-25, 1999.
15. Moser, J. R., "Low-frequency low-impedance electromagnetic shielding," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 30, No. 3, 202-210, 1988.
16. Clayton, R. P., Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2006.
17. Nhan, H. N., J. L. Miane, and J. L.Wojkiewicz, "Modeling of electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of multilayer conducting composites in the microwave band," First Inter. Conference on Commu. and Electro. (ICCE 06), 10-11, 2006.
18. Nhan, H. N., "Characterization and optimization of the electromagnetic properties of conducting polymer composites in the microwave band," Inter. J. of Electrical and Electronics Engi. Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, 209-220, 2013.
19. Celozzi, S., R. Araneo, G. Lovatr, and P. Clayton, Electromagnetic Shielding, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2008. doi:10.1002/9780470268483
20. Naishadham, K., "Shielding effectiveness of conductive polymers," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 34, No. 1, 47-50, 1992.
21. Benhamou, S. M. and M. Hamouni, "Determination of reflection loss, absorption loss, internal reflection and shielding effectiveness of a double electromagnetic shield of conductive polymer," J. Mater. Environ. Sci., Vol. 5, No. 6, 1982-1987, 2014.
22. Dharma Raj, C., R. G. Sasibhushana, P. V. Y. Jayasree, B. Srinu, and P. Lakshman, "Development of a three layer laminate for better electromagnetic compatibility performance at X-band," Information and Communication Technologies, 406-410, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2010.
23. Jayasree, P. V. Y., V. S. S. N. S. Baba, B. Prabhakar Rao, and P. Lakshman, "Analysis of shielding effectiveness of single, double and laminated shields for oblique incidence of EM waves," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 187-202, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10051305