A new formulation of the Wave Concept Iterative Process (WCIP) method is presented in this work. This approach uses an analysis with the longitudinal components instead of the transverse components. This approach includes decomposing the transverse TM modes into two longitudinal terms: the TM and TEM modes. This approach is applied to model a Vertical Interconnect Access VIA hole. The current density behavior is studied in the two cases with and without VIA hole. Also this method is used to study a SIW slot antenna. Compared to those obtained by available published data, our results show that the proposed method gives convincing results.
2. Schelkunoff, S. A., "Generalized telegraphist’s equations for waveguides," Bell. Syst. Tech. J., Vol. 31, 748-801, Jul. 1952.
3. Solano, M. A., A. Prieto, and A. Vegas, "Comparative study of two different formulation of coupled mode theory for analyzing rectangular dielectric waveguide," Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 1-2, 45-47, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK, Mar. 30-Apr. 2, 1993.
4. Amalric, J. L., H. Baudrand, and M. Hollinger, "Various aspects of coupled mode theory for anisotropic partially filled waveguide: Application to a semiconductor loaded with perpendicular induction," 7th European Microwave Conference Copenhagen, 146-149, Denmark, Sep. 1977.
5. Preibisch, J. B., A. Hardock, and C. Schuster, "Physics-based via and waveguide models for efficient SIW simulations in multilayer substrates," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., early access, 2015.
6. Rimolo-Donadio, R., X. Gu, Y. Kwark, M. Ritter, B. Archambeault, F. de Paulis, Y. Zhang, J. Fan, H. Br¨uns, and C. Schuster, "Physics-based via and trace models for efficient link simulation on multilayer structuresup to 40GHz," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 57, No. 8, 2072-2083, Aug. 2009.
7. Zhang, Y., J. Fan, G. Selli, M. Cocchini, and F. de Paulis, "Analytical evaluation of via-plate capacitance for multilayer printed circuit boards and packages," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 56, No. 9, 2118-2128, Sep. 2008.
8. Hrizi, H., L. Latrach, N. Sboui, A. Gharsallah, A. Gharbi, and H. Baudrand, "Improving the convergence of the wave iterative method by filtering techniques," Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society Journal, Vol. 26, No. 10, 2011.
9. Latrach, L., N. Sboui, A. Gharsallah, H. Baudrand, and A. Gharbi, "Analysis and design of planar multilayered fss with arbitrary incidence," Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society Journal, Vol. 23, No. 2, 149-154, Jun. 2008.
10. Sboui, N., A. Gharsallah, H. Baudrand, and A. Gharbi, "Global modeling of periodic structure in coplanar wave guide," Microwave and Opt. Techno. Lett., Vol. 43, No. 2, 157-160, Oct. 2004.
11. Sboui, N., A. Gharsallah, H. Baudrand, and A. Gharbi, "Global modeling of microwave active circuits by an efficient iterative procedure," IEE Proc. --- Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 148, No. 3, 209-212, Jun. 2001.
12. Sboui, N., A. Gharsallah, H. Baudrand, and A. Gharbi, "Design and modeling of RF MEMS switch by reducing the number of interfaces," Microwave and Opt. Techno. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 5, 1166-1170, May 2007.
13. Zairi, H., A. Gharsallah, A. Gharsallah, A. Gharbi, and H. Baudrand, "Modelization of probe feed excitation using iterative method," Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society Journal, Vol. 19, No. 3, 198-205, Nov. 2004.
14. Yan, L., W. H. K. Wu, and T. J. Cui, "Investigations on the propagation characteristics of the substrate integrated waveguide based on the method of lines," IEE Proc. --- Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 152, 35-42, 2005.
15. Boozzi, M., A. Georgiandis, and K. Wu, "Review of substrate-integrated waveguide circuits and antennas Microwaves," IET Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 8, 909-920, Jun. 6, 2011.
16. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Single-substrate integration technique of planar circuits and waveguide filter," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 51, No. 2, 593-596, Feb. 2003.
17. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Design consideration and performance analysis of substrate integrated waveguide components," 32nd European Microwave Conference, 2002.
18. Mikulasek, T., J. Lacik, and W. Raida, "SIW slot antennas utiliwed for 60 GHz channel characterization," Microwave and Opt. Techno. Lett., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1365-1370, Jun. 2015.
19. Jian, Z., Y. Yuanwei, Z. Yong, C. Chen, and J. ShiXing, "A high --- Q microwave MEMS resonator," DTIP of MEMS and NOEMS 2007 Stresa, Italy, Apr. 25-27, 2007.
20. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Accurate modeling wave mechanisms and design considerations of a substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 54, No. 6, 2516-2526, Jun. 2006.
21. Zelenchuk, D. and C. Fusco, "Low insertion loss substrate integrated waveguide quasi-elliptic filters for V-band wireless personal area network applications," IEE Proc. --- Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 5, No. 8, 921-927, Jun. 6, 2011.
22. Patel, A., Y. Prashad, A. Vala, and R. Goswami, "Design and performance analysis of metallic posts coupled SIW based multiband passband and stopband filter," Microwave and Opt. Techno. Lett., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1409-1417, Jun. 2015.
23. Cassivi, Y., L. Perregrini, K. Wu, and G. Conciauro, "Low-cost and high-Q millimeter-wave resonator using substrate integrated waveguide technique," 32nd European Microwave Conference, 1-4, Milan, Italy, Sep. 2002.
24. Cassivi, Y., L. Perregrini, P. Arcioni, M. Bressan K. Wu, and G. Conciauro, "Dispersion characteristics of substrate integrated rectangular waveguide," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 12, No. 9, 333-335, Sep. 2002.
25. Yu, C. and W. Hong, "37-38 GHz substrate integrated filtenna for wireless communication application," Microwave and Opt. Techno. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 2, 346-351, Feb. 2012.