1. Li, L., M. C. Vuran, and I. F. Akyildiz, "Characteristics of underground channel for wireless underground sensor networks," Proc. Med-Hoc-Net’07, Corfu, Greece, Jun. 2007.
2. Sun, Z. and I. F. Akyildiz, "Underground wireless communication using magnetic induction," IEEE ICC 2009 Proceedings, 1-5, Jun. 2009.
3. Raheem, S. R., "Remote monitoring of safe and risky regions of toxic gases in underground mines: A preventive safety measures,", Postgraduate Diploma Thesis Report, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), South Africa, 2011, [Online], available: http://users.aims.ac.za/∼soliu/soliu.pdf..
4. Gao, A.-M., Q. H. Xu, H.-L. Peng, W. Jiang, and Y. Jiang, "Performance evaluation of UWB on-body communication under WiMAX off-body EMI existence," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 132, 479-498, 2012.
5. Torre, P. V., L. Vallozzi, H. Rogier, M. Moeneclaey, and J. Verhaevert, "Reliable MIMO communication between firefighters equipped with wearable antennas and a base station using space-time codes," Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), Vol. 10, 2690-2694, Apr. 2011.
6. Khan, I., P. S. Hall, A. A. Serra, A. R. Guraliuc, and P. Nepa, "Diversity performance analysis for on-body communication channels at 2.45GHz," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 4, 956-963, Apr. 2009.
7. Chatterjee, G. and A. Somkuwar, "Design analysis of wireless sensors in ban for stress monitoring of fighter pilots," 16th IEEE International Conference on Networks, 1-6, Dec. 2008.
8. El-Azhari, M. E., M. Nedil, I. Benmabrouk, and L. Talbi, "Off-body channel characterization at 2.45GHz in underground mine environment," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Int. Symp. (APSURSI) , 251-252, Jul. 6-11, 2014.
9. Khan, I., "Diversity and MIMO for body-centric wireless communication channels,", PhD Thesis Report, University of Birmingham, Sep. 2009, [Online], available: http://etheses.bham.ac.uk/433/1/Khan09PhD.pdf.
10. El-Azhari, M. E., M. Nedil, I. Benmabrouk, L. Talbi, and K. Ghanem, "Off-body LOS and NLOS channel characterization in a mine environment," International Conference on Electrical and Information Technologies (ICEIT), Marrakesh, Morocco, 2015.
11. Mabrouk, I. B., L. Talbi, and M. Nedil, "Performance evaluation of a MIMO system in underground mine gallery," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, No. 11, 830-833, Jul. 2012.
12. Lienard, M., P. Degauque, J. Baudet, and D. Degardin, "Investigation on MIMO channels in subway tunnels," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 21, No. 3, 332-339, Apr. 2003.
13. Mabrouk, I. B., L. Talbi, M. Nedil, and K. Hettak, "MIMO-UWB channel characterization within an underground mine gallery," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 4866-4874, Oct. 2012.
14. Mabrouk, I. B., L. Talbi, M. Nedil, and K. Hettak, "Experimental characterization of MIMO-UWB multipath underground mine radio channels," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-2, 2012.
15. Varzakas, P., "Average channel capacity for rayleigh fading spread spectrum MIMO systems," International Journal of Communication Systems, Vol. 19, No. 10, 1081-1087, Dec. 2006.
16. Molina-Garcia-Pardo, J.-M., M. Lienard, P. Degauque, C. García Pardo, and L. Juan-Llacer, "MIMO channel capacity with polarization diversity in arched tunnels," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 1186-1189, 2009.
17. Molina-Garcia-Pardo, J.-M., J.-V. Rodríguez, and L. Juan-Llacer, "Polarized indoorMIMO channel measurements at 2.45 GHz," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 12, 3818-3828, Dec. 2008.
18. Khan, I. and P. S. Hall, "Experimental evaluation of MIMO capacity and correlation for narrowband body-centric wireless channels," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 1, 195-202, Jan. 2010.
19. Hakan, I., "Multiple-input multiple-output system capacity: Antenna and propagation aspects," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 55, No. 1, 253-273, Feb. 2013.
20. Gesbert, D., M. Shafi, D.-S. Shiu, P. Smith, and A. Naguib, "From theory to practice: An overview of MIMO space-time coded wireless systems," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 21, No. 3, 281-302, Apr. 2003.
21. Goldsmith, A., S. A. Jafar, N. Jindaland, and S. Vishwanath, "Capacity limits of MIMO channels," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 21, No. 5, 684-701, 2003.
22. Hamie, J., "Contributions to cooperative localization techniques within mobile wireless body area networks,", PhD Manuscript, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, Nov. 2013.
23. Rosni, R. and R. D’Errico, "Off-body channel modelling at 2.45GHz for two different antennas," Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 3378-3382, 2012.
24. Denis, B., N. Amiot, B. Uguen, A. Guizar, C. Goursaud, A. Ouni, and C. Chaudet, "Qualitative analysis of RSSI behavior in cooperative wireless body area networks for mobility detection and navigation applications," 21st IEEE International Conference on Electronics Circuits and Systems (ICECS), 834-837, Dec. 7-10, 2014.
25. Rissafi, Y., L. Talbi, and M. Ghaddar, "Experimental characterization of an UWB propagation channel in underground mines," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 1, 240-246, Jan. 2012.
26. Rappaport, T. S., "Mobile radiop propagation: Small scale fading and multipath," Wireless Communications: Principle and Practice, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall, 2001.
27. Svantesson, T. and J. Wallace, "On signal strength and multipath richness in multi-input multi-output systems," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Commun., Vol. 4, 2683-2687, May 2003.
28. Carrasco, H., R. Feick, and H. Hristov, "Experimental evaluation of indoor MIMO channel capacity for compact arrays of planar inverted-F antennas," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 7, 1754-1756, Jul. 2007.