The PMCHWT-IE-FFT-BURA is applied to the wideband analysis of electromagnetic scattering property of homogeneous targets. Over the broad frequency band, the fast computation is achieved by the Maehly expansion on the basis of the Chebyshev approximation of the electric and magnetic currents. On the Chebyshev sampling points, PMCHWT-IE-FFT greatly reduces the memory requirement by sparsely storing the impedance matrix and decreases the computational time to the greatest degree by block acceleration of the matrix-vector product. Finally, numerical results show that the proposed method can make efficient analysis of wideband property of homogeneous targets without sacrificing accuracy much.
2. Zhang, Y., Z.-C. Lin, X.-W. Zhao, and T. K. Sarkar, "Performance of a massively parallel higher-order method of moments code using thousands of CPUs and its applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 12, 6317-6324, Dec. 2014.
3. Song, J. M., C.-C. Lu, and W. C. Chew, "Multilevel fast multipole algorithm for electromagnetic scattering by large complex objects," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 45, No. 10, 1488-1493, Oct. 1997.
4. Man, M.-Y., Z.-Y. Lei, Y.-J. Xie, and Y.-Y. Wang, "Analysis of the electrical large scattering problem using the pre-corrected multilevel fast multipole algorithm," Journal of Xidian University, Vol. 39, No. 2, 133-137, 2012.
5. Bleszynski, E., M. Bleszynski, and T. Jaroszewicz, "AIM: Adaptive integral method for solving large-scale electromagnetic scattering and radiation problems," Radio Sci., Vol. 31, No. 5, 1225-1251, Sep.-Oct. 1996.
6. Wang, X., S.-X. Gong, J. Ling, and X.-M. Wang, "Interpolation scheme based on adaptive integral method for solving electrically large radiation problem by surface/surface configuration," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 11, 203-211, 2010.
7. Seo, S. M. and J. F. Lee, "A fast IE-FFT algorithm for solving PEC scattering problems," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 41, No. 5, 1476-1479, May 2005.
8. An, X. and Z.-Q. Lü, "Application of IE-FFT with combined field integral equation to electrically large scattering problems," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 10, 2561-2566, Oct. 2008.
9. Ma, J., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, Y.-X. Xu, W.-J. Zhao, and J. Ling, "Efficient IE-FFT and PO hybrid analysis of antennas around electrically large platforms," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 611-614, 2011.
10. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 30, No. 3, 409-418, May 1982.
11. Wan, J. X. and C.-H. Liang, "Rapid solutions of scattering from microstrip antennas using well-conditioned asymptotic waveform evaluation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 49, 39-52, 2004.
12. Ma, J., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, Y. Liu, and Y.-X. Xu, "Efficient wide-band analysis of antennas around a conducting platform using MOM-PO hybrid method and asymptotic waveform evaluation technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 12, 6048-6052, Dec. 2012.
13. Wang, X.-D. and D. H. Werner, "Improved model-based parameter estimation approach for accelerated periodic method of moments solutions with application to analysis of convoluted frequency selected surfaces and metamaterials," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 1, 122-131, Jan. 2010.
14. Ling, J., S.-X. Gong, B. Lu, X. Wang, and W.-T. Wang, "Fast and accurate radar cross section computation using Chebyshev approximation in both broad frequency band and angular domains simultaneously," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 13, 121-129, 2010.
15. Ma, J., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, P.-F. Zhang, and Z.-L. Lv, "Frequency sweep technology using Maehly approximation based on MOM-PO hybrid method," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 28, No. 1, 45-49, 2013.
16. Dong, H.-L., S.-X. Gong, P.-F. Zhang, J. Ma, and B. Zhao, "Fast and accurate analysis of broadband RCS using method of moments with loop-tree basis functions," IET Microw. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 9, No. 8, 775-780, 2015.