A theoretical analysis of a printed dipole antenna on a gyrotropic-anisotropy chiral dielectric substrate is presented. The study is based on numerical techniques for the characterization of electromagnetic propagation in chiral media. The general complex wave equation and the dispersion relation for such a medium are derived in the spectral domain. The spectral Green's function of a grounded dielectric chiral slab is developed, and the spectral domain moment method impedance matrix elements are calculated. The effect of the chiral gyrotropy element on the input impedance of a dipole antenna printed on a grounded chiral substrate is analyzed using the Galerkin-based Method of Moments.
2. Wu, J. and K. Sarabandi, "Anisotropic magneto-dielectrics for wideband planar antenna miniaturization applications," 2014 USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting (Joint with AP-S Symposium), 111-111, Memphis, TN, 2014.
3. Zarifi, D., M. Soleimani, and A. Abdolali, "Electromagnetic characterization of biaxial bianisotropic media using the state space approach," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1538-1542, Mar. 2014.
4. Havrilla, M. J., "Scalar potential formulation for a bianisotropic gyrotropic inhomogeneous medium and associated boundary conditions," 2014 USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting (Joint with AP-S Symposium), 162-162, Memphis, TN, 2014.
5. Jamilan, S., M. A. Antoniades, J. Nourinia, and M. N. Azarmanesh, "A compact multiband printed dipole antenna loaded with two unequal parallel NRI-TL metamaterial unit cells," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 9, 4244-4250, Sep. 2015.
6. Islam, M. M., M. T. Islam, M. Samsuzzaman, and M. R. I. Faruque, "Compact metamaterial antenna for UWB applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 16, 1222-1224, 2015.
7. Bilotti, F. and L. Vegni, "Chiral cover effects on microstrip antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2891-2898, Oct. 2003.
8. Zebiri, C., M. Lashab, and F. Benabdelaziz, "Rectangular microstrip antenna with uniaxial bi-anisotropic chiral substrate-superstrate," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 1, 17-29, 2011.
9. Ouchetto, B. A. El Majd, H. Ouchetto, B. Essakhi, and S. Zouhdi, "Homogenization of periodic structured materials with chiral properties," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 5, 1751-1758, May 2016.
10. Cory, H., "Chiral devices - An overview of canonical problems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 9, No. 5-6, 805-829, 1995.
11. Zebiri, C., F. Benabdelaziz, and D. Sayad, "Surface waves investigation of a bianisotropic chiral substrate resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 40, 399-414, 2012.
12. Zebiri, C., M. Lashab, and F. Benabdelaziz, "Asymmetrical effects of bi-anisotropic substrate-superstrate sandwich structure on patch resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 49, 319-337, 2013.
13. Hussain, A., M. Faryad, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Fractional curl operator and fractional chiro-waveguide," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 8, 1119-1129, 2007.
14. Kopp, V. I., J. Park, M. Wlodawski, J. Singer, D. Neugroschl, and A. Z. Genack, "Chiral fibers: Microformed optical waveguides for polarization control, sensing, coupling, amplification, and switchin," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 32, No. 4, 605-613, 2014.
15. Ghaffar, A., M. Arif, Q.-A. Naqvi, and M.-A. Alkanhal, "Radiation properties of a uniaxial chiral quadratic inhomogeneous slab under oblique incidence," Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Vol. 125, No. 4, 1589-1597, 2014.
16. Panin, S. B., P. D. Smith, and A. Y. Poyedinchuk, "Elliptical to linear polarization transformation by a grating on a chiral medium," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1885-1899, 2007.
17. Lim, K. Y., P. K. Choudhury, and Z. Yusoff, "Chirofibers with helical windings - An analytical investigation," Optik, Vol. 121, No. 11, 980-987, 2010.
18. Yang, S.-K. and S.-Y. Hsia, "Chiral composites as underwater acoustic attenuators?," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 1, 139-145, 2000.
19. Cloete, J. H., M. Bingle, and D. B. Davidson, "The role of chirality and resonance in synthetic microwave absorbers," AEU International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2001.
20. Bayatpur, F., A. V. Amirkhizi, and S. Nemat-Nasser, "Experimental characterization of chiral uniaxial bianisotropic composites at microwave frequencies," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 60, No. 4, 1126-1135, 2012.
21. Chen, X., B. I. Wu, J. A. Kong, and T. M. Grzegorczyk, "Retrieval of the effective constitutive parameters of bianisotropic metamaterials," Phys. Rev. E, Stat. Phys. Plasmas Fluids Relat. Interdiscip. Top., Vol. 71, 46610-46618, 2005.
22. Eroglu, A. and J. K. Lee, "Far field radiation from an arbitrarily orientated Hertzian dipole in the presence of layered anisotropic medium," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 12, 3963-3973, 2005.
23. Braaten, B. D., R. M. Nelson, and D. A. Rogers, "Input impedance and resonant frequency of a printed dipole with arbitrary length embedded in stratified uniaxial anisotropic dielectrics," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 806-810, 2009.
24. Braaten, B. D., D. A. Rogers, and R. M. Nelson, "Multi-conductor spectral domain analysis of the mutual coupling between printed dipoles embedded in stratified uniaxial anisotropic dielectrics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 4, 1886-1898, Apr. 2012.
25. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, IEEE Press, Inc., NY, 1992.
26. Di Ruscio, D., P. Burghignoli, P. Baccarelli, D. Comite, and A. Galli, "Spectral Method of Moments for planar structures with azimuthal symmetry," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 4, 2317-2322, Apr. 2014.
27. Pozar, D. M., "Improved computational efficiency for the method of moments solution of printed dipoles and patch," Electromagn., Vol. 3, 299-309, Jul.-Sep. 1983.
28. Gibson, W. C., The Method of Moments in Electromagnetics, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2008.
29. Swanson, Jr., D. G. and W. J. R. Hoefer, Microwave Circuit Modeling Using Electromagnetic Field Simulation, Artech House, 2003.
30. Davidson, D. B. and J. T. Aberle, "An introduction to the spectral domain Method-of-Moments formulations," IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., Vol. 46, No. 3, 11-19, Jun. 2004.
31. Zang, S. R. and J. R. Bergmann, "Analysis of omnidirectional dual-reflector antenna and feeding horn using Method of Moments," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1534-1538, Mar. 2014.
32. Zebiri, C., S. Daoudi, F. Benabdelaziz, M. Lashab, D. Sayad, N. T. Ali, and R. A. Abd-Alhameed, "Gyro-chirality effect of bianisotropic substrate on the operational of rectangular microstrip patch antenna," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 1-1, 2016, Preprint.
33. Pozar, D., "Radiation and scattering from a microstrip patch on a uniaxial substrate," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 35, No. 6, 613-621, Jun. 1987.
34. Pozar, D. M., "Input impedance and mutual coupling of rectangular microstrip antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 30, 1191-1196, Nov. 1982.
35. Park, S.-O. and C. A. Balanis, "Analytical technique to evaluate the asymptotic part of the impedance matrix of Sommerfeld-type integrals," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 45, No. 5, 798-805, May 1997.
36. Bilotti, F., L. Vegni, and A. Toscano, "Radiation and scattering features of patch antennas with bianisotropic substrates," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 3, 449-456, Mar. 2003.
37. Li, L.-W. and W.-Y. Yin, "Linear complex media," Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering, 694-717, John Wiley, New York, 2005.
38. Li, K., S.-O. Park, H. Lee, J. Ma, B.-C. Kim, and H.-D. Choi, "Analytical technique to evaluate the asymptotic part of the impedance matrix of microstrip dipole on a uniaxial substrate," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 35, 127-139, 2002.
39. Pan, G.-W., J. Tan, and J. D. Murphy, "Full-wave analysis of microstrip floating-line discontinuities," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 36, No. 1, Feb. 1994.
40. Park, S.-O., C. A. Balanis, and C. R. Birtcher, "Analytical evaluation of the asymptotic impedance matrix of a grounded dielectric slab with roof-top functions," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 2, 251-259, Feb. 1998.
41. Jackson, R. W. and D. M. Pozar, "Full-wave analysis of microstrip openend and gap discontinuities," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 33, 1036-1042, Oct. 1985.