A novel field-line-circuit hybrid algorithm based on finite difference time domain (FDTD) method is devoted to predicting the electromagnetic responses of transmission line with multi-ports network in a shelter in this paper. The full wave FDTD method, transmission line FDTD method, and the modified nodal analysis (MNA) are combined to be compatible with the multi-level electromagnetic (EM) coupling progress of the electromagnetic interference (EMI) problem. The proposed method divides the EM couplings among the spatial EM fields, antennas, transmission line networks, and terminal circuits in some typical electronic systems into different levels with appreciate simulation techniques used. The accuracy of the hybrid method is verified by comparing the terminal transient voltage responses of transmission lines with the results obtained by PSPICE, and good agreements are achieved. Numerical calculations are further performed to show the terminal coupling voltages and currents, and the effects of incident directions and polarizations of the illuminated electromagnetic pulse (EMP) are both taken into account.
1. Li, P., Y. Shi, L. J. Jiang, and H. Bağcı, "Transient analysis of lumped circuit networks-loaded thin wires by DGTD method," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 6, 2358-2369, 2016. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2543803
2. Carter, N. J., "The past, present and future challenges of aircraft EMC," IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 1, 75-78, 2012. doi:10.1109/MEMC.2012.6244953
3. Li, P., L. J. Jiang, and H. Bagcı, "Cosimulation of electromagnetics-circuit systems exploiting DGTD and MNA," IEEE Trans. Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 4, No. 6, 1052-1061, 2014. doi:10.1109/TCPMT.2014.2316137
4. Faghihi, F. and H. Heydari, "Time domain physical optics for the higher-order FDTD modeling in electromagnetic scattering from 3-D complex and combined multiple materials objects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, No. 4, 87-102, 2013.
5. Li, P., L. J. Jiang, and H. Bagcı, "Transient analysis of dispersive power-ground plate pairs with arbitrarily shaped antipads by the DGTD method with wave port excitation," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 59, No. 99, 1-12, 2016. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2016.2579651
6. Valente, W., A. Raizer, and L. Pichon, "The use of equivalent model and numerical simulation for EMC analysis in hospital environments," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 4, 1-6, 2016. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2016.2552170
7. Baum, C. E., "Electromagnetic topology for the analysis and design of complex electromagnetic systems," Fast Electrical and Optical Measurements, 467-547, Springer, Netherlands, 1986.
8. Bağci, H., A. E. Yilmaz, and E. Michielssen, "An FFT-accelerated time-domain multi-conductor transmission line simulator," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 52, No. 1, 199-214, 2010. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2009.2036602
9. Bağci, H., A. E. Yılmaz, J. M. Jin, and E. Michielssen, "Fast and rigorous analysis of EMC/EMI phenomena on electrically large and complex cable-loaded structure," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 49, No. 2, 361-381, 2007. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2007.897159
10. Wang, W., P. G. Liu, and Y. J. Qin, "An unconditional stable 1D-FDTD method for modeling transmission lines based on precise split-step scheme," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, No. 1, 245-260, 2013.
11. Tatematsu, A., "A technique for representing coaxial cables for FDTD-based surge simulations," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 488-495, 2015. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2014.2387059
12. Boutar, A., A. Reineix, C. Guiffaut, and G. Andrieu, "An efficient analytical method for electromagnetic field to transmission line coupling into a rectangular enclosure excited by an internal source," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 565-573, 2015. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2014.2386913
13. Wang, J., Y. S. Xia, and L. Y. Wang, "Electromagnetic responses of a metallic conical frustum cabin with one coaxial feeding monopole antenna," Int. Journal of Applied Electromagn. & Mechan., Vol. 47, No. 3, 765-776, 2015.
14. Wang, J., W. Y. Yin, and J. P. Fang, "Transient responses of coaxial cables in an electrically large cabin with slots and windows illuminated by an electromagnetic pulse," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, No. 9, 1-16, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10060708
15. Mao, Y., B. Chen, H. Q. Liu, J. L. Xia, and J. Z. Tang, "A hybrid implicit-explicit spectral FDTD scheme for oblique incidence problems on periodic structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, No. 14, 153-170, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER12032306
16. Ye, Z., C. Liao, and X. Xiong, "The research and application of a novel time domain hybrid method for EMI analysis of lumped circuits in a shielded device," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 4, 964-970, 2016. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2016.2551982
17. Liu, Q. F., W. Y. Yin, M. Tang, P. Liu, J. F. Mao, and Q. H. Liu, "Time-domain investigation on cable-induced transient coupling into metallic enclosures," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 4, 953-962, 2009. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2009.2029347
18. Hyun, S. Y., S. Y. Kim, and Y. S. Kim, "An equivalent feed model for the FDTD analysis of antennas driven through a ground plane by coaxial lines," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 1, 161-167, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.2009650
19. Vlach, J. and K. Singhal, Computer Methods for Circuit Analysis and Design, Springer Science & Business Media, 1983.
20. Paul, C. R., Analysis of Multi Conductor Transmission Lines, John Wiley & Sons, 2008.