A compact dual band-notched ultra-wideband (UWB) multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) antenna with uniform rejection performance is designed on an FR4 substrate (35×23×1.6 mm3). Compared with the existing UWB MIMO antennas, a second-order notched band with uniform performance for 5.15-5.825 GHz is achieved, which results from the interplay between a 1/3λ open-end slot and a 1/2λ parasitic strip. A 1/4λ open-end slot is also applied to the 3.3-3.7 GHz reject band. The two slots are connected at their open ends, that can help to get the uniform reject performance for 5.15-5.825 GHz and make the high cutoff frequency of the impedance matching band go toward the higher frequencies. Excluding the two rejected bands, a band with |S11|≤-10 dB, |S21|≤-17 dB and frequency ranged from 3.1 to 10.9 GHz is achieved, and results show that a uniform performance for 5.15-5.825 GHz is obtained.
1. Bolin, T., A. Derneryd, G. Kristensson, V. Plicanic, and Z. Ying, "Two-antenna receive diversity performance in indoor environment," IEEE Ele. Lett., Vol. 41, 1205-1206, 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20053365
2. Ben Mabrouk, I., L. Talbi, M. Nedil, and K. Hettak, "MIMO-UWB channel characterization within an underground mine gallery," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 4866-4874, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2207361
3. Saraswat, R. K. and M. Kumar, "Miniaturized slotted ground UWB antenna loaded with metamaterial for WLAN and WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 65, 6580, 2016. doi:10.2528/PIERB15112703
4. Ni, T., W.-M. Li, Y.-C. Jiao, and L.-S. Ren L. Han, "Novel compact UWB antenna with 3.5/5.5 GHz band-notched characteristics," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 16, 2212-2221, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311798147097
5. Islam, M. T., R. Azim, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Triple band-notched planar UWB antenna using parasitic strips," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 161-179, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER12032604
6. Chu, Q. X., C. X. Mao, and H. Zhu, "A compact notched band UWB slot antenna with sharp selectivity and controllable bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, 3961-3966, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2261575
7. Yu, J. F., X. L. Liu, X.-W. Shi, and Z. Wang, "A compact four-element UWB MIMO antenna with Qsca implementation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 50, 103-109, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERL14110804
8. Zhang, J. Y., F. Zhang, and W. P. Tian, "Compact 4-port ACS-fed UWB-MIMO antenna with shared radiators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 55, 81-88, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERL15062304
9. Mao, C. X. and Q. X. Chu, "Compact co-radiator UWB-MIMO antenna with dual polarization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, 4474-4480, 2011.
10. Toktas, A. and A. Akdagli, "Compact multiple-input multiple-output antenna with low correlation for ultra-wideband applications," IET Micro. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 9, 822-829, 2015.
11. Lee, J. M., K. B. Kim, and H. K. Ryu, "A compact ultrawideband MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejected operation for mobile devices," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 990-993, 2012.
12. Shrivishal, T., A. Mohan, and S. Yadav, "A compact Koch fractal UWB MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejection," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1565-1569, 2015.
13. Li, J. F., Q. X. Chu, and T. G. Huang, "Compact dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with high isolation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, 4759-4766, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2267653
14. Xiao, R. J., X. B. Wei, and L. Jin, "A band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with high notch-band-edge selectivity," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), Vol. 1, 1-3, 2015.
15. Li, J. F., D. L. Wu, Y. J. Wu, and G. Zhang, "Dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna," IEEE 4th Asia-Pacific Conf. Antennas and Propag. (APCAP), 25-26, 2015.
16. Thomas, K. G. and M. Sreenivasan, "A simple ultrawideband planar rectangular printed antenna with band dispensation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, 27-34, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2036279
17. Ko, S. C. K. and R. D. Murch, "Compact integrated diversity antenna for wireless communications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, 954-960, 2001. doi:10.1109/8.931154
18. Karaboikis, M., C. Soras, and G. Tsachtsiris, "Compact dual-printed inverted-F antenna diversity systems for portable wireless devices," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 3, 9-14, 2004. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2004.825106
19. Karaboikis, M. P., V. C. Papamichael, G. F. Tsachtsiris, and V. T. Makios, "Integrating compact printed antennas onto small diversity/MIMO Terminals," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, 2067-2078, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.924677
20. Paul, H., "The significance of radiation efficiencies when using S-parameters to calculate the received signal correlation from two antennas," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 4, 97-99, 2005.