Electromagnetic levitation system is commonly used in the field of magnetic levitation system train. Magnetic levitation technology is one of the most promised issue of transportation and precision engineering. Magnetic levitation systems are free of problems caused by friction, wear, sealing and lubrication. In this paper, a new prototype of the magnetic levitation system is proposed, designed and successfully tested via SIMLAB platform in real time. In addition, the proposed system was implemented with an efficient controller, which is linear-quadratic regulator (LQR) and compared with a classical controller which is proportional-integral-derivative (PID). The present system has been tested with two different criteria: signal test and load test under different input signals which are Sine wave and Squar wave. The findings prove that the suggested levitation system reveals a better performance than conventional one. Moreover, the LQR controller produced a great stability and optimal response compared to PID controller used at same system parameters.
2. Chen, M.-Y., M.-J. Wang, and L.-C. Fu, "A novel dual-axis repulsive maglev guiding system with permanent magnet: Modeling and controller design," IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatron., Vol. 8, No. 1, 77-86, 2003.
3. De Boeij, J., M. Steinbuch, and H. Gutierrez, "Real-time control of the 3-DOFsled dynamics of a null-flux Maglev system with a passive sled," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 42, No. 5, 1604-1610, 2006.
4. Rote, D. and Y. Cai, "Review of dynamic stability of repulsive-force maglev suspension systems," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 38, No. 2, 1383-1390, 2002.
5. Banerjee, S., D. Prasad, and J. Pal, "Design, implementation, and testing of a single axis levitation system for the suspension of a platform," ISA Trans., Vol. 46, No. 2, 239-246, 2007.
6. Lee, Y., J. Yang, and S. Shim, "A new model of magnetic force in magnetic levitation systems," J. Electr. Eng., Vol. 3, No. 4, 584-592, 2008.
7. Khemissi, Y., "Control using sliding mode of the magnetic suspension system," International Journal of Electrical & Computer Sciences, No. 3, 1-5, 2010.
8. Liu, C. and J. Zhang, "Design of second-order sliding mode controller for electromagnetic levitation grip used in CNC," Proc. 2012 24th Chinese Control Decis. Conf. CCDC 2012, Vol. 2, No. 1, 3282-3285, 2012.
9. Xing, F., B. Kou, C. Zhang, Y. Zhou, and L. Zhang, "Levitation force control of maglev permanent synchronous planar motor based on multivariable feedback linearization method," 2014 17th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1318-1321, 2014.
10. Zhu, H., T. J. Teo, and C. K. Pang, "Design and modeling of a six-degree-of-freedom magnetically levitated positioner using square coils and 1-D Halbach arrays," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 64, No. 1, 440-450, 2017.
11. Vinodh Kumar, E. and J. Jerome, "LQR based optimal tuning of PID controller for trajectory tracking of magnetic levitation system," Procedia Eng., Vol. 64, 254-264, 2013.
12. Hussein, B., N. Sulaiman, R. Raja Ahmad, M. Marhaban, and H. Ali, "H_infinity controller design to control the single axis magnetic levitation system with parametric uncertainty," J. Appl. Sci., Vol. 11, No. 1, 66-75, 2011.
13. Cho, J. and Y. Kim, "Design of levitation controller with optimal fuzzy PID controller for magnetic levitation system," J. Korean Inst. Intell. Syst., Vol. 24, No. 3, 279-284, 2014.
14. Zhang, Y., Z. Zheng, J. Zhang, and L. Yin, "Research on PID controller in active magnetic levitation based on particle swarm optimization algorithm," Open Automation & Control Systems Journal, Vol. 7, No. 1, 1870-1874, 2015.
15. Uroš, S., A. Sarjaš, A. Chowdhury, and R. Svečko, "Improved adaptive fuzzy back stepping control of a magnetic levitation system based on symbiotic organism search," Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 56, 19-33, 2017.
16. Hong, D.-K., B.-C.Woo, D.-H. Koo, and K.-C. Lee, "Electromagnet weight reduction in a magnetic levitation system for contactless delivery applications," Sensors, Vol. 10, 6718-6729, 2010.
17. Li, J.-H. and J.-S. Chiou, "Digital control analysis and design of a field-sensed magnetic suspension system," Sensors, Vol. 15, 6174-6195, 2015.
18. Cheng, D. K., Field and Wave Electromagnetics, Addison-Wesley, MA, 1983.
19. Smaili, A. and F. Mrad, Applied Mechatronics, Oxford, MA, 2008.
20. Unni, A. C., A. S. Junghare, V. Mohan, W. Ongsakul, and E. Fos, "PID, fuzzy and LQR controllers for magnetic levitation system,", September 14-16, 2016.