The basic wave types of electromagnetic field propagation in anisotropic media are obtained. Based on the orthogonality relation between the vector wave functions and the orthogonality of trigonometric functions, etc., the expressions of zero order scattering fields and first-order scattered fields of arbitrary electromagnetic beam are presented. A stochastic system identification model for electromagnetic beam scattering by anisotropic particles is established. In the S wave band, the relationships respectively between the scattering field expansion coefficients, the basic wave types of the particle field and the tensor of dielectric constant are studied, and their validity of the model is verified. Taking the elliptical Gaussian beam as an example, the beam scattering characteristics of anisotropic media particles are investigated. The used method is simple, exploring a new approach of researching the electromagnetic beam scattering characteristics from anisotropic medium targets.
1. Haus, H. A., Waves and Fields in Optoelectronics, 320-329, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N. J., 1984.
2. Wang, Y.-L., W. Ren, and K. Li, "Exact transient field of a horizontal electric dipole excited by a Gaussian pulse on the surface of one-dimensionally anisotropic medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 307-318, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08062005
3. Bass, F. G. and L. Resnick, "The electromagnetic-wave propagation through a stratified inhomogeneous anisotropic medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 48, 67-83, 2004. doi:10.2528/PIER03122302
4. Ishimaru, A., Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Medium, Academic Press, New York, 1978.
5. Graglia, R. D. and P. E. Vslenghi, "Electromagnetic scattering from anisotropic materials," IEEE Trans. on Antennas Propagat., Vol. 35, 232, 1987. doi:10.1109/TAP.1987.1144074
6. Kokkorakis, G. C., "Scalar equations for scattering by rotationally symmetric radially inhomogeneous anisotropic sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 179-186, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL08022201
7. Chen, H.-T., G.-Q. Zhu, and S.-Y. He, "Using genetic algorithm to reduce the radar cross section of three-dimensional anisotropic impedance object," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 9, 231-248, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08080202
8. Monzon, J. C. and N. J. Damaskos, "Two-dimensional scattering by a homogeneous anisotropic rod," IEEE Trans. on Antennas Propagat., Vol. 35, 232, 1986.
9. Eroglu, A., Y. H. Lee, and J. K. Lee, "Dyadic Green’s functions for multi-layered uniaxially anisotropic media with arbitrarily oriented optic axes," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 15, 1779-1788, 2011. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2010.0499
10. Ren, W., "Contributions to the electromagnetic wave theory of bounded homogeneous anisotropic media," Physical Review E, Vol. 47, 664, 1993. doi:10.1103/PhysRevE.47.664
11. Chen, S. N. and Q. Q. Hong, Electromagnetic Field for the Anisotropic Medium, Science Press, Beijing, 2012 (in Chinese).
12. Yang, L. X. and Y. T. Xie, "A novel finite-difference time-domain scheme for electromagnetic scattering by stratified anisotropic plasma under oblique incidence condition," Acta Phys. Sin., Vol. 59, No. 9, 6059, 2010.
13. Mao, S. C. and Z. S. Wu, "Scattering by a homogeneous anisotropic elliptic cylinder: Two-dimensional case," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 38, No. 3, 529, 2010.
14. Li, Y. L. and J. Y. Huang, "The scale-transformation of electromagnetic theory and its applications," Chinese Physics, Vol. 14, 0646, 2005. doi:10.1088/1009-1963/14/3/027
15. Li, Y. and M. Wang, "Rayleigh scattering for an electromagnetic anisotropic medium sphere," Chinese Physics Letters, Vol. 27, No. 5, 2010.
17. Gouesbet, G., B. Maheu, and G. Grehan, "Light scattering from a sphere arbitrarily located in a Gaussian beam, using a Bromwich formulation," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 5, No. 9, 1427-1443, 1998. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.5.001427
18. Gouesbet, G., G. Grehan, and B. Maheu, "On the generalized Lorenz-Mie theory: First attempt to design a localized approximation to the computation of the coefficients GMN," J. Optics, Vol. 20, No. 1, 31-43, Paris, 1989. doi:10.1088/0150-536X/20/1/004
20. Wang, Y. P., D. Z. Chen, and P. C. Liu, Engineering Electrodynamics, Press of Xidian University, Xian, 1985.
21. Li, Y. L., J. Li, M. J. Wang, and Q. F. Dong, "A solution of scattered field of particle in electromagnetic beam based on beam series expansion," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 12, 6375-6381, 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2014.2361904