High power amplifier not only causes in-band intermodulation but also causes out-of-band harmonic distortion. For a wideband transmitter, harmonic distortion out of communication frequency can be restrained by a radio-frequency filter, but harmonic distortion in the communication frequency is difficult to restrain. In this paper, we develop harmonic memory proper to model harmonic distortion and then propose a digital harmonic canceling algorithm based on direct learning structure - nonlinear filtered-x ane projection algorithm (NFX-APA). Simulation and measurement results demonstrate that this novel digital canceling method can cancel harmonic effectively.
2. Zhou, D. and V. E. De Brunner, "Novel adaptive Nonlinear predistorters based on the direct learning algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 55, No. 1, 120-133, 2007.
3. Changsoo, E. and E. J. Powers, "A new volterra predistorter based on the indirect learning architecture," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 45, No. 1, 223-227, 1997.
4. Morgan, D. R., Z. Ma, J. Kim, M. G. Zierdt, and J. Pastalan, "A generalized memory polynomial model for digital predistortion of RF power amplifiers," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 54, No. 10, 3852-3860, 2006.
5. Schuster, C., A. Wiens, F. Schmidt, M. Nickel, M. Scholer, R. Jakoby, and H. Maune, "Performance analysis of reconfigurable bandpass filters with continuously tunable center frequency and bandwidth," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 65, No. 11, 4572-4583, 2017.
6. Tsai, H. Y., T. Y. Huang, and R. B. Wu, "Varactor-tuned compact dual-mode tunable filter with constant passband characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 6, No. 9, 1399-1407, 2016.
7. Hou, J. A. and Y. H. Wang, "Design of compact 90˚ and 180˚ couplers with harmonic suppression using lumped-element bandstop resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 58, No. 11, 2932-2939, 2010.
8. Zheng, S. Y., Z. W. Liu, Y. M. Pan, Y. Wu, W. S. Chan, and Y. Liu, "Bandpass filtering doherty power amplifier with enhanced efficiency and wideband harmonic suppression," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, Vol. 63, No. 3, 337-346, 2016.
9. Reece, M. A., S. Contee, and C. W. Waiyaki, "K-band gan power amplifier design with a harmonic suppression power combiner," 2017 IEEE Topical Conference on RF/Microwave Power Amplifiers for Radio and Wireless Applications (PAWR), Conference Proceedings, 92-95, 2017.
10. Bassam, S. A., M. Helaoui, and F. M. Ghannouchi, "2-D digital predistortion (2-D-DPD) architecture for concurrent dual-band transmitters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 10, 2547-2553, 2011.
11. Pan, W., Y. Liu, and Y. Tang, "A predistortion algorithm based on accurately solving the reverse function of memory polynomial model," IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, Vol. 1, No. 4, 384-387, 2012.
12. Liu, Y., W. Pan, S. Shao, and Y. Tang, "A new digital predistortion for wideband power amplifiers with constrained feedback bandwidth," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 23, No. 12, 683-685, 2013.
13. Muruganathan, S. D. and A. B. Sesay, "A QRD-RLS-based predistortion scheme for high-power amplifier linearization," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, Vol. 53, No. 10, 1108-1112, 2006.
14. Piazza, R., M. R. B. Shankar, and B. Ottersten, "Data predistortion for multicarrier satellite channels based on direct learning," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 62, No. 22, 5868-5880, 2014.
15. Sun, G., C. Yu, Y. Liu, S. Li, and J. Li, "An accurate complexity-reduced simplified Volterra series for RF power amplifiers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 47, 157-166, 2014.
16. Lei, D., G. T. Zhou, D. R. Morgan, Z. Ma, J. S. Kenney, J. Kim, and C. R. Giardina, "A robust digital baseband predistorter constructed using memory polynomials," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 52, No. 1, 159-165, 2004.
17. Nghe, C. T., D. Maassen, X. A. Nghiem, and G. Boeck, "Ultra-wideband efficient linearized 10 W GAN-HEMT power amplifier," 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Radio-Frequency Integration Technology (RFIT), Conference Proceedings, 189-191, 2017.
18. Benedetto, S., E. Biglieri, and R. Daffara, "Modeling and performance evaluation of Nonlinear satellite links-a Volterra series approach," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 15, No. 4, 494-507, 1979.
19. Ding, L. and G. T. Zhou, "Effects of even-order nonlinear terms on power amplifier modeling and predistortion linearization," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 53, No. 1, 156-162, 2004.
20. Hussein, M. A., V. A. Bohara, and O. Venard, "On the system level convergence of ILA and DLA for digital predistortion," 2012 International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), Conference Proceedings, 870-874, 2012.
21. Lim, Y. H., Y. S. Cho, I. W. Cha, and D. H. Youn, "An adaptive nonlinear prefilter for compensation of distortion in nonlinear systems," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 46, No. 6, 1726-1730, 1998.
22. Haykin, S. O., Adaptive Filter Theory, Pearson Higher Ed., 2013.
23. Sankaran, S. G. and A. A. Louis Beex, "Convergence behavior of affine projection algorithms," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 48, No. 4, 1086-1096, 2000.