Solutions to the Maxwell equations for a planar non-integer dimensional perfect electric conductor (NID-PEC) waveguide are obtained. The space within the guide is NID in direction normal to walls of the waveguide. Field behaviour within the waveguide is noted for different values of the parameter, D, describing dimension of the NID space. For D = 2, classical results are recorded. The discussion is further extended by treating propagation in a tunnel within unbounded dielectric medium. The space within tunnel is also NID in direction perpendicular to walls of the tunnel. For different values of Dfield behaviors are also presented. It has been noted that for D = 2 and taking very high values of permittivity (ϵ → ∝) classical results for PEC waveguide are recorded. Whereas for ϵ → ∝, field behavior within tunnel matches with NID-PEC waveguide.
2. Dimri, V. P. and R. P. Srivastava, Fractal Behaviour of the Earth System, 23-37, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Hyderabad, 2005.
3. Tarasov, V. E., "Continuous medium model for fractal media," Physics Letters A, Vol. 336, 167-174, 2005.
4. Stillinger, F. H., "Axiomatic basis for spaces with non-integer dimensions," Journal of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 18, 1224-1234, 1977.
5. Palmer, C. and P. N. Stavrinou, "Equations of motion in a non-integer-dimensional space," Journal of Physics A, Vol. 37, 6987-7003, 2004.
6. Zubair, M., M. J. Mughal, and Q. A. Naqvi, Electromagnetic Fields and Waves in Fractional Dimensional Space, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2012.
7. Herrick, D. R. and F. H. Stillinger, "Variable dimensionality in atoms and its effects on the ground state of the helium isoelastic sequence," Physical Review A, Vol. 11, 42-53, 1975.
8. Pfeifer, P. and D. Avnir, "Chemistry in non-integer dimensions between two and three. I. Fractal theory of heterogeneous surfaces," Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 79, 3558-3565, 1983.
9. Muslih, S. I., M. Saddallah, D. Baleanu, and E. Rabei, "Lagrangian formulation of Maxwell’s field in fractional D dimensional space-time," Romanian Journal of Physics, Vol. 55, 659-663, 2010.
10. Muslih, S. I., M. Saddallah, D. Baleanu, and E. Rabei, "Lagrangian formulation of Maxwell’s field in fractional D dimensional space-time," Romanian Reports of Physics, Vol. 55, 659-663, 2010.
11. Zubair, M., M. J. Mughal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "The wave equation and general plane wave solutions in fractional space," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 19, 137-146, 2010.
12. Zubair, M., M. J. Mughal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "An exact solution of the cylindrical wave equation for electromagnetic field in fractional dimensional space," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 443-455, 2011.
13. Zubair, M., M. J. Mughal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "An exact solution of the spherical wave equation in D-dimensional fractional space," Journal of Electromagnetics Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 10, 1481-1491, 2011.
14. Naqvi, Q. A. and M. Zubair, "On cylindrical model of electrostatic potential in fractional dimensional space," Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Vol. 127, 3243-3247, 2016.
15. Noor, A., A. A. Syed, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Quasi-static analysis of scattering from a layered plasmonic sphere in fractional space," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 29, No. 8, 1047-1059, 2015.
16. Munawar, Y., M. A. Ashraf, Q. A. Naqvi, and M. A. Fiaz, "Two dimensional green’s function for planar grounded dielectric layer in non-integer dimensional space," Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Vol. 140, 610-618, 2017.
17. Abbas, M., A. A. Rizvi, M. A. Fiaz, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of electromagnetic plane wave from a low contrast circular cylinder buried in non-integer dimensional half space," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 31, No. 3, 263-283, 2017.
18. Naqvi, Q. A., "Scattering from a cylindrical obstacle buried in non-integer dimensional dielectric half space using kobayashi potential method," Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Vol. 141, 39-49, 2017.
19. Sadallah, M., S. I. Muslih, and D. Baleanu, "Equations of motion for Einstein’s field in non-integer dimensional space," Czechoslovak Journal of Physics, Vol. 56, 323-328, 2006.
20. Khan, S. and M. J. Mughal, "General solution for TEM, TE, and TM waves in fractional dimensional space and its application in rectangular waveguide filled with fractional space," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 18, 2298-2307, 2013.
21. Tarasov, V. E., "Fractal electromagnetics via non-integer dimensional space approach," Physics Letters A, Vol. 379, 2055-2061, 2015.
22. Tarasov, V. E., "Vector calculus in non-integer dimensional space and its applications to fractal media," Journal of Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 21, No. 2, 360-374, 2015.
23. Tarasov, V. E., "Anisotropic fields media by vector calculus in non-integer dimensional space," Journal of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 55, 083510, 2014.
24. Naqvi, Q. A. and M. A. Fiaz, "Electromagnetic behavior of a planar interface of non-integer dimensional spaces," Journal of Electormagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 31, No. 16, 1625-1637, 2017.
25. Abramowitz, M. and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, U.S. Department of Commerce, 1972.
26. Balankin, A. S., B. Mena, J. Patino, and D. Morales, "Electromagnetic fields in fractional continua," Physics Letter A, Vol. 377, 783-788, 2013.
27. Omar, M. and M. J. Mughal, "Behavior of electromagnetic waves at dielectric fractal-fractal interface in fractional spaces," Progress in Electromagnetic Research M, Vol. 28, 229-244, 2013.