In this work, a new technique in suppressing the effect of four-wave mixing (FWM) by Odd-Even Channels Arrangement (OEC) is presented. The proposed technique is verified mathematically and by simulations with other recent techniques which are input power and channel spacing under the same input parameters. Simulation was done with the power variation effect, and the bit rate was 100 Gb\s. Based on theoretical and simulation analyses, FWM power was drastically reduced by more than 10 dB when OEC was conducted. In terms of system performance, OEC offered better performance than previous techniques in both theoretical and simulation analyses.
Haider J. Abd,
Ahmed N. Aljamal,
Alaaldin H. Jaber,
"Four-Wave Mixing Suppression Method Based on Odd-Even Channels Arrangement Strategy," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 66, 163-172, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERM18011608
1. Sabapathi, T. and S. Sundaravadivelu, "Analysis of bottlenecks in DWDM fiber optic communication system," Optik, Vol. 122, 1453-1457, 2011. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2010.08.023
2. Shahiand, S. N. and S. Kumar, "Reduction of nonlinear impairments in fiber transmission system using fiber and/or transmitter diversity," Opt. Commun., Vol. 285, 3553-3558, 2012. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2012.04.019
3. Abed, H. J., N. M. Din, M. H. Al-Mansoori, H. A. Fadhil, and F. Abdullah, "Recent four-wave mixing suppression methods," Optik, Vol. 124, 2214-2218, 2013. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2012.06.082
4. Wehmann, C. F., L. M. Fernandes, C. S. Sobrinho, J. L. S. Lima, M. G. Silva, E. F. de, J. A. Medeiros, and A. S. B. Sombra, "Analysis of the four wave mixing effect (FWM) in a dispersion decreasing fiber (DDF) for a WDM system," Optic. Fiber Technology, Vol. 11, 306-318, 2005. doi:10.1016/j.yofte.2005.01.003
5. Shimizu, T., K. Nakajima, K. Shiraki, K. Ieda, and I. Sankawa, "Evaluation methods and requirements for the stimulated Brillion scattering threshold in a single-mode fibe," Optic. Fiber Technology, Vol. 14, 10-15, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.yofte.2007.04.004
7. Priya, R., A. Sivanantharaja, and S. Selvendran, "Performance analysis of optimized non-zero dispersion shifted fiber without amplification and without dispersion compensation for wavelength division multiplexing optical networks," Optica Applicata, Vol. XLV, No. 4, 2015.
8. Abd, H. J., M. H. Al-Mansoori, N. M. Din, F. Abdullah, and H. A. Fadhil, "Priority-based parameter optimization strategy for reducing the effects of four-wave mixing on WDM system," Optik, Vol. 125, 25, 2014. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2013.06.002
9. Abd, H., N. M. Din, M. H. Al-Mansoori, F. Abdullah, and H. A. Fadhil, "Four-wave mixing crosstalk suppression based on the pairing combinations of differently linear-polarized optical signals," Sci. World J., Vol. 2014, 1, Article ID 243795, 2014.
10. Abd, H. J., M. H. Al-Mansoori, N. M. Din, F. Abdullah, and H. A. Fadhil, "Four-wave mixing reduction technique based on smart filter approach," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 102, No. 6, 1056-1070, 2015. doi:10.1080/00207217.2014.963890
11. Abed, H. J., N. M. Din, M. H. Al-Mansoori, F. Abdullah, and H. A. Fadhil, "Comparison among different types of advanced modulation formats under four wave mixing effects," Ukrainian Journal of Physics, 326-334, 2013.
12. Fabrizio Forghieri, F., R. W. Tkach, A. R. Chraplyvy, and D. Marcuse, "Reduction of four-wave mixing crosstalk in WDM systems using unequally spaced channel," J. Light wave Technol., Vol. 6, 754-756, 1994.
13. Singh, A., A. Sharma, and T. S. Kamal, "Four-wave mixing analysis in WDM optical communication system with higher-order dispersion," Optik, Vol. 119, 788-792, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2007.03.009
14. Kaler, R. and R. S. Kaler, "Investigation of four-wave mixing effect at different channel spacing," Optik, Vol. 123, 352-356, 2012. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2011.01.017
15. Inoue, K., "Polarization effect on four-wave mixing efficiency in single-mode fiber," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 28, 883-894, 1992. doi:10.1109/3.135206
16. Inoue, K., "Arrangement of orthogonal polarized signals for suppressing fiber four-wave mixing in optical multichannel transmission system," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 3, 560-563, 1991. doi:10.1109/68.91035
17. Onishi, J., S. Kojimav, and T. Numai, "Effects of frequency/polarization allocations and the zero-dispersion frequency on FDM lightwave transmission system," Optics Communications, Vol. 281, 388-3891, 2008.
18. Abd, H. J. and M. S. Almahanna, "Suppression of nonlinear effect for high data transmission rate with a WDM using the optimization properties," Ukrainian Journal of Physics, Vol. 62, 583-588, 2017. doi:10.15407/ujpe62.07.0583