Using impulse response with a 3D algorithm is a novel free-space radiation pattern reconstruction technique with accuracy greater than 1 dB in all antenna under test (AUT) azimuth and elevation angle orientations inside a non-anechoic environment. A quantitative comparison between impulse response with a 3D algorithm and impulse response with 2D, a previous technique, is performed using quantifiers. Benefits of the proposed 3D free-space radiation pattern reconstruction algorithm are single-frequency characterization and reuse of the 3D impulse response of the environment.
1. Mahafza, B., "Radar antennas," Radar Systems Analysis and Design Using MATLAB, 339-368, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2000.
2. Koh, J., "Free-space radiation pattern reconstruction from non-anechoic measurements using an impulse response of the environment," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 2, Feb. 2012.
3. Loredo, S., M. R. Pino, F. L.-Heras, and T. K. Sarkar, "Echo identification and cancellation techniques for antenna measurement in non-anechoic test sites," IEEE Antennas & Propagation Magazine, Vol. 46, No. 1, 100-107, Feb. 2004. doi:10.1109/MAP.2004.1296154
4. Fourestie, B., Z. Altman, and M. Kanda, "Anechoic chamber evaluation using the matrix pencil method," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 41, No. 3, 169-174, Aug. 1999. doi:10.1109/15.784150
5. Fourestie, B., Z. Altman, and M. Kanda, "Efficient detection of resonances in anechoic chambers using the matrix pencil method," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 42, No. 1, 1-5, Feb. 2000. doi:10.1109/15.831699
6. Bruns, C. and R. Vahldieck, "A closer look at reverberation chambers — 3-D simulation and experimental verification," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 47, No. 3, Aug. 2005. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2005.850677
7. Black, D. and E. Joy, "Test zone field compensation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 43, No. 4, Apr. 1995. doi:10.1109/8.376033
8. Pereira, J. and A. Anderson, "New procedure for near-field measurements of microwave antennas without anechoic environments," IEE Proceedings, Vol. 131, No. 6, Dec. 1984.
9. Punnoose, R. and D. Counsil, "Time reversal signal processing for communication,", SANDIA REPORT SAND 2011-7050, Sandia National Laboratories, Sep. 2011.
10. Fouristie, B. and Z. Altman, "Gabor schemes for analyzing antenna measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 9, Sep. 2001.
11. Kilundzija, B., J. Ognjanovic, and T. Sarkar, Wipl: Electromagnetic Modeling of Composite Wire and Plate Structures: Software and User’s Manual, Artech House, 1995.