Because traditional eigen-subspace projection (ESP) methods cannot cancel the main lobe interference, an improved ESP algorithm and an orthogonal array of antenna are proposed to overcome this problem. Based on the orthogonal antenna array, the proposed algorithm combines ESP with ICA and signal blocking methods, which implements the extraction of part of the main lobe interference and optimized the estimation of the interference subspace. Both simulation and experiment results show that the improved ESP algorithm provides robust cancellation capability of main lobe and sidelobe interference for super low frequency (SLF) communication.
1. Seran, H. C. and P. Fergeau, "An optimized low-frequency three-axis search coil magnetometer for space research," Review of Scientic Instruments, Vol. 76, No. 4, 57-65, 2005.
2. Viani, F., et al., "Exploitation of parasitic smart antennas in wireless sensor networks," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves & Applications, Vol. 24, No. 7, 993-1003, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310791285227
3. Lin, W.-J., C.-S. Chang, J.-Y. Li, D.-B. Lin, L.-S. Chen, and M.-P. Houng, "Improved compact broadband bandpass lter using branch stubs Co-via structure with wide stopband characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 5, 45-55, 2008.
4. Thiergart, O., M. Taseska, and E. A. P. Habets, "An informed parametric spatial lter based on instantaneous direction-of-arrival estimates," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio Speech & Language Processing, Vol. 22, No. 12, 2182-2196, 2014. doi:10.1109/TASLP.2014.2363407
5. Chakrabarty, S., O. Thiergart, and E. A. P. Habets, "A Bayesian approach to spatial ltering and diffuse power estimation for joint dereverberation and noise reduction," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 753-757, IEEE, 2015.
6. Thiergart, O., M. Taseska, and E. A. P. Habets, "An informed MMSE lter based on multiple instantaneous direction-of-arrival estimates," Signal Processing Conference, 659-663, IEEE, 2014.
7. Wang, W. and L. R. Wyatt, "Radio frequency interference cancellation for sea-state remote sensing by high-frequency radar," Radar Sonar & Navigation, Vol. 5, No. 4, 405-415, IET, 2011. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2010.0041
8. Tian, Z., et al., "Radio frequency interference suppression algorithm in spatial domain for compact high-frequency radar," IEEE Geoscience & Remote Sensing Letters, 1-5, 99, 2017.
9. Stankovic, L., T. Thayaparan, and M. Dakovic, "Signal decomposition by using the S-method with application to the analysis of HF radar signals in sea-clutter," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 54, No. 11, 4332-4342, 2006. doi:10.1109/TSP.2006.880248
10. Moragues, J., L. Vergara, and J. Gosalbez, "Generalized matched subspace lter for nonindependent noise based on ICA," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 59, No. 7, 3430-3434, 2011. doi:10.1109/TSP.2011.2141668
11. Gruber, P., et al., "Denoising using local ICA and a generalized eigendecomposition with time- delayed signals," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3195, 993-1000, 2004. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-30110-3_125
12. Hua, T. P., et al., "A new adaptation mode controller for adaptive microphone arrays based on nested and symmetric leaky blocking matrices," European Signal Processing Conference, 1-5, IEEE, 2006.
13. Hyvarinen, A. and E. Oja, "A fast xed-point algorithm for independent component analysis," International Journal of Neural Systems, Vol. 10, No. 01, 1-8, 2000. doi:10.1142/S0129065700000028