In this paper, a novel wideband dual-band dual-polarized magneto-electric (ME) dipole antenna is proposed. The proposed antenna consists of a folded double-layer magneto-electric dipole, a stair-shaped feeding line with a balun structure and a rectangular box-shaped reflector. The folded double-layer magneto-electric dipole is able to generate two resonant frequencies. The polygon balun structure can better match the antenna impedance. The rectangular box-shaped reflector not only can suppress antenna's back radiation but also can realize high gain over the operating frequencies. Both simulated and measured results show that the antenna can obtain two wide impedance bandwidths of 60% (1.54-2.87 GHz) in lower frequency band and 27% (4.62-6.10 GHz) in higher frequency band with the reflection coefficients lower than 10 dB for both input ports. The isolation between ports is greater than 25 dB in the corresponding frequency band. The gains of the measured antenna were 8.5-9.7 dBi in the low frequency band and 8.5-11.5 dBi in the high frequency band, respectively.
2. Guo, Y.-X., K.-M. Luk, and K.-F. Lee, "Broadband dual-polarization patch element for cellular- phone base stations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 50, No. 2, 251-253, 2002.
3. Li, B., et al., "Wideband dual-polarized patch antenna with low cross polarization and high isolation," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Let., Vol. 11, 417-430, 2012.
4. Paryani, R. C., P. F. Wahid, and N. Behdad, "A wideband, dual-polarized, substrate-integrated cavity-backed slot antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Let., Vol. 9, 645-648, 2010.
5. Zhou, S.-G., P.-K. Tan, and T.-H. Chio, "Low-prole, wideband dual-Polarized antenna with high isolation and low cross polarizatio," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Let., Vol. 11, 1032-1035, 2012.
6. Cui, Y. H., R. L. Li, and P. Wang, "A novel broadband planar antenna for 2G/3G/LTE base stations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 5, 2767-2774, 2013.
7. Wang, K. L. and L. C. Lee, "Multiband printed monopole slot antenna for WWAN operation in the laptop computer," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 4, 324-330, Feb. 2009.
8. Xu, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, and Y.-C. Luan, "Compact CWP-fed printed monopole antenna with triple- band characteristics for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 24, 1519-1520, Nov. 2012.
9. Feng, B., et al., "Dual-wideband complementary antenna with a dual-layer cross- ME-dipole structure for 2G/3G/LTE/WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Let., Vol. 14, 626-629, 2015.
10. Huang, T. J. and H. T. Hsu, "A dual-frequency and dual-polarization antenna design for long term evolution applications," 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, IEEE, 2009-2010.
11. He, K., S.-X. Gong, and F. Gao, "A wideband dual-band magneto-electric dipole antenna with improved feeding structure," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Let., Vol. 13, 1729-1732, 2014.
12. Feng, B., et al., "A dual-wideband double-layer magnetoelectric dipole antenna with a modied horned re ector for 2G/3G/LTE applications," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2013, 2013.
13. Feng, B., Q. Zeng, and M. Wang, "Substrate integrated magneto-electric dipole antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," 2016 IEEE MTT-S International Conference on Numerical Electromagnetic and Multiphysics Modeling and Optimization (NEMO), IEEE, 2016.
14. An, W. X., et al., "Design of broadband dual-band dipole for base station antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 3, 1592-1595, 2012.
15. Tao, J. and Q. Feng, "Dual-band magneto-electric dipole antenna with dual-sense circularly polarized character," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 65, No. 11, 5677-5685, 2017.
16. Yang, L., et al., "A dual-wideband dual-polarized directional magneto-electric dipole antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 5, 1128-1133, 2017.
17. Row, J.-S. and Y.-J. Huang, "Dual-band dual-polarized antenna for WLAN applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, No. 1, 260-265, 2018.