This paper describes a wideband transmitting adaptive digital beamforming (ADBF) scheme with nulls in the direction of interference. The scheme partitions the wideband transmit signal into independent sub-bands using an analysis filter bank behind each array element. In each channel, sub-band ADBF weight vector is computed based on the minimum variance criterion with multiple linear constraints to form the sub-band transmit beam. Finally, a wideband transmit adaptive beam is reconstructed through the synthesis filters. Theoretical analysis and simulation experiments show that this algorithm can form a wideband transmit beam with deep nulls, and the pointing direction of the null keeps unchanged regardless of frequency. The algorithm proposed in this paper has little computation load and is efficient to implement in engineering applications.
2. Smith, S. T., "Optimum phase-only adaptive nulling," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 47, No. 7, 1835-1843, 1999.
3. Webster, T., et al., "Phase-only adaptive spatial transmit nulling," IEEE Radar Conference, 0931-0936, 2015.
4. Van, T. and L. Harry, Optimum Array Processing: Part IV of Detection, Estimation and Modulation Theory, Wiley-Interscience, 2002.
5. Smith, R. P., "Constant beamwidth receiving arrays for broad band sonar systems," Acta Acustica United with Acustica, Vol. 23, No. 1, 21-26(6), 1970.
6. Vouras, P. G. and T. D. Tran, "Robust transmit nulling in wideband arrays," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 62, No. 14, 3706-3719, 2014.
7. Donelli, M. and P. Febvre, "An inexpensive reconfigurable planar array for Wi-Fi applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 28, 71-81, 2012.
8. Donelli, M., T. Moriyama, and M. Manekiya, "A compact switched-beam planar antenna array for wireless sensors operating at Wi-Fi band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 83, 137-145, 2018.
9. Caorsi, S., M. Donelli, A. Lommi, and A. Massa, "Location and imaging of two-dimensional scatterers by using a particle swarm algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 4, 481-494, 2004.
10. Benedetti, M., M. Donelli, and G. Franceschini, "Effective exploitation of the a priori information through a microwave imaging procedure based on the SMW for NDE/NDT applications," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 43, No. 11, 2584-2591, November 2005.
11. Jain, A., R. Saxena, and S. C. Saxena, Multirate Systems and Filterbanks, 3385-3388, 2011.
12. Weiss, S. and R. W. Stewart, "On adaptive filtering in oversampled subbands,", University of Strathclyde, 1998.
13. Mansour, M. F., "On the optimization of oversampled DFT filter banks," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 14, No. 6, 389-392, 2007.