This paper presents a miniaturized dual-band antenna with a rectangular patch and symmetrically placed circles in the partial ground plane. The dimensions of the proposed antenna are 15 * 20 * 1.5 mm3, and the antenna is excited by a 50 Ω microstrip line from the bottom. The proposed antenna is fabricated on the commercially available low-cost FR4 substrate having relative permittivity εr = 4.3 and loss tangent 0.025. By introduction of a rectangular slot with a T-shape in the ground plane and a rectangular patch, the lower frequency band is achieved. The peak gain and radiation efficiency of the proposed antenna are 2 dB and 78%. The proposed antenna operates at 2.846 GHz to 3.24 GHz and 4.05 GHz to 6.22 GHz frequency range. The antenna finds its application in S-band, 5.5/5.8 GHz WiMAX bands, and 4.9/5/5.9 GHz Wi-Fi bands.
2. Qu, S. W., J. L. Li, J. X. Chen, and Q. Xue, "Ultrawideband strip-loaded circular slot antenna with improved radiation patterns," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 11, 3348-3353, Nov. 2007.
3. Li, P., J. Liang, and X. Chen, "Study of printed elliptical/circular slot antennas for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 6, 1670-1675, Jun. 2006.
4. Chen, W. S. and F. M. Hsieh, "A broadband design for a printed isosceles triangular slot antenna for wireless communications," Microw. J., Vol. 48, No. 7, 98-112, Jul. 2007.
5. Baudha, S. and D. K. Vishwakarma, "Miniaturized dual broadband printed slot antenna with parasitic slot and patch," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 56, No. 10, 2260-2265, 2014.
6. Baudha, S. and D. K. Vishwakarma, "Bandwidth enhancement of a planar monopole microstrip patch antenna," Int. J. Microw. Wireless Technol., Vol. 12, 1-6, 2014.
7. Jan, J. Y. and J. W. Su, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide-slot antenna with a rotated slot," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 6, 2111-2114, 2005.
8. Jan, J. Y. and L. C. Wang, "Printed wideband rhombus slot antenna with a pair of parasitic strips for multiband applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 4, 1267-1270, 2009.
9. Sung, Y., "Bandwidth enhancement of a microstrip line-fed printed wide-slot antenna with a parasitic centre patch," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 4, 1712-1716, 2012.
10. Baudha, S. and D. K. Vishwakarma, "Corner truncated broadband patch antenna with circular slots," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 57, 845-849, 2015.
11. Fan, S. T., Y. Z. Yen, B. Lee, W. Hu, and X. Yang, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed slot antenna with a pair of parasitic patches," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 1230-1233, 2012.
12. Baudha, S. and D. K. Vishwakarma, "A compact broadband printed monopole antenna with U-shaped slit rectangular parasitic patches," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technol., Vol. 8, 1231-1235, 2015.
13. Hasch, J., et al., "Millimetre-wave technology for automotive radar sensors in the 77 GHz frequency band," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 60, No. 3, 845-860, 2012.
14. Ozturk, E., et al., "SiGe process integrated full360 micro electromechanical systems based active phase shifter for W-band automotive radar," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, 835-841, 2014.
15. Naqvi, S. A., "Miniaturized triple band and ultra-wideband (UWB) fractal antennas for UWB applications," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 59, 1542-1546, 2017.
16. Shan, K., C. L. Ruan, and L. Peng, "Design of a novel planar ultrawideband antenna with 3.5 and 5.5GHz dual band notched characteristics," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 53, 370-375, 2011.
17. Fallahi, H. and Z. Atlasbaf, "Bandwidth enhancement of a CPW-fed monopole antenna with small fractal elements," AEU - Int. J. Electron. Commun., Vol. 69, 590-595, 2015.
18. Liu, C. Y., T. Jiang, and Y. S. Li, "A compact wide slot antenna with dual band-notch characteristic for ultra-wideband applications," Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 10, No. 1, 55-64, 2011.
19. Ali, J. K., M. T. Yassen, M. R. Hussan, and M. F. Hasan, "A new compact ultra wideband printed monopole antenna with reduced ground plane and band notch characterization," PIERS Proceedings, 1531-1536, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Mar. 27–30, 2012.
20. Kasi, B., L. C. Ping, and C. K. Chakrabarty, "A compact microstrip antenna for ultra wideband applications," European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 67, No. 1, 45-51, 2011.
21. Sudeep, B. and K. V. Dinesh, "A compact broadband printed circular slot antenna with stair shaped ground plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 74, 9-16, 2018.
22. Baudha, S. and D. K. Vishwakarma, "A compact broadband printed monopole antenna with U-shaped slit and rectangular parasitic patches for multiple applications," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 8, 1231-1235, 2016.
23. Deshmukh, A. A., D. Singh, and P. Zaveri, "Broadband slot cut rectangular microstrip antenna," Science Direct, Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 93, 53-59, 2016.
24. Lakshmanan, R. and S. K. Sukumaran, "Flexible ultra wide band antenna forWBAN applications," Science Direct, Procedia Technology, Vol. 24, 880-887, 2016.