In this paper, a reconfigurable impedance matching network (RIMN) based on PIN diode is presented. RIMN is an impedance matching circuit containing only one matching stub embedded with one PIN diode. It can match two different load impedances under different biasing of the PIN diode. The RIMN has a very simple structure, and the parameters in the structure are easy to be calculated with a simplified solution method. During the solving process, the parasitic parameters of PIN diode are taken into account. For verification, a RIMN working at 5.8 GHz is designed and fabricated. The measured insertion losses for different load impedances are less than 0.4 dB with reflection coefficients less than 30 dB at the targeted frequency. Simulation and measurement show that the proposed RIMN has good performance.
2. Psychogiou, D., "Reconfigurable single/multi-band filtering power divider based on quasi-bandpass sections," IEEE Microw.Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, 684-686, Sep. 2016.
3. Sharma, S., "A wide spectrum sensing and frequency reconfigurable antenna for cognitive radio," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 67, 11-20, 2016.
4. Kim, B., "A novel single-feed circular microstrip antenna with reconfigurable polarization capability," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, 630-638, Mar. 2008.
5. Tae, H.-S., "Reconfigurable 1×4 power divider with switched impedance matching circuits," IEEE Microw.Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 22, 64-66, Feb. 2012.
6. Fan, H., "A three-way reconfigurable power divider/combiner," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 63, 986-998, Mar. 2015.
7. Wang, W., "A multifixture full-wave de-embedding method for characterizing one-port devices," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 64, 3894-3910, Nov. 2016.
8. Marks, R. B., "A multiline method of network analyzer calibration," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 39, 1205-1215, Jul. 1991.