The negative refractive property of a meta-material medium modeled by an array of localized elements is demonstrated numerically using the iterative method based on the wave concept. This property is used to show the channeling and control of the electromagnetic beam inside the triangular shaped meta-material supports that are interfaced with the conventional positive refractive index supports. WCIP was used to view the electromagnetic behavior of a source placed in a right-hand medium interfaced with another left-hand medium in order to present the properties of the negative refraction.
1. Veselago, V. G., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ," Sov. Phys.-Usp., Vol. 10, 509-514, Jan.-Feb.1968. doi:10.1070/PU1968v010n04ABEH003699
2. Alibakhshikenari, M., B. S. Virdee, A. Ali, and E. Limiti, "Based on CRLH metamaterials for wireless communication systems operating over UHF to C-band," Radio Science, Vol. 53, No. 2, 154-165, Feb. 2018. doi:10.1002/2017RS006515
3. Alibakhshi-Kenari , M., M. Naser-Moghadasi, R. A. Sadeghzadeh, B. S. Virdee, and E. Limiti, "New CRLH-based planar slotted antennas with helical inductors for wireless communication systems, RF-circuits and microwave devices at UHF-SHF bands," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 92, No. 3, 1029-1038, Feb. 2017. doi:10.1007/s11277-016-3590-4
4. Iyer, A. K. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "Negative refractive index metamaterials supporting 2-D wave propagation," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., Vol. 2, 1067-1070, Seattle, WA, Jun. 2-7, 2002.
5. Caloz, C., H. Okabe, H. Iwai, and T. Itoh, "Transmission line approach of left-handed materials," USNC/URSI Nat. Radio Science Meeting, 39, San Antonio, TX, Jun. 16-21, 2002.
6. Oliner, A. A., "A periodic-structure negative-refractive-index medium without resonant elements," USNC/URSI Nat. Radio Science Meeting, 41, San Antonio, TX, Jun. 16-21, 2002.
7. Grbic, A. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "Growing evanescent waves in negative-refractive-index transmission-line media," Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 82, No. 12, 1815-1817, Mar. 2003. doi:10.1063/1.1561167
8. Ozbay, E. and C. M. Soukoulis, "Observation of negative refraction and negative phase velocity in true left-handed metamaterials," 36th European Microwave Conference, 2006, 959-962, IEEE, Sep. 2006. doi:10.1109/EUMC.2006.281081
9. Collin, R. E., Foundations for Microwave Engineering, 2nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, Singapore, 1992.
10. Shelby, R. A., D. R. Smith, and S. Schultz, "Experimental verification of a negative index of refraction," Science, Vol. 292, No. 5514, 77-79, New York, N.Y., Apr. 2001, doi:10.1126/science.1058847. doi:10.1126/science.1058847
11. Alibakhshikenari, M., B. S. Virdee, P. Shukla, C. H. See, R. Abd-Alhameed, M. Khalily, F. Falcone, and E. Limiti, "Interaction between closely packed array antenna elements using metasurface for applications such as MIMO systems and synthetic aperture radars," Radio Science, Vol. 53, No. 11, 1368-1381, Nov. 2018. doi:10.1029/2018RS006533
12. Alibakhshikenari, M., B. S. Virdee, P. Shukla, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, F. J. Falcone, and E. Limiti, "Meta-surface wall suppression of mutual coupling between microstrip patch antenna arrays for THz-band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 75, 105-111, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERL18021908
13. Alibakhshi-Kenari, M., M. Naser-Moghadasi, R. A. Sadeghzadeh, B. S. Virdee, and E. Limiti, "Periodic array of complementary artificial magnetic conductor metamaterials-based multiband antennas for broadband wireless transceivers," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 15, 1682-1691, Dec. 10, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2016.0069
14. Alibakhshi-Kenari, M., M. Naser-Moghadasi, R. A. Sadeghzadeh, and B. S. Virdee, "Metamaterial-based antennas for integration in UWB transceivers and portable microwave handsets," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 1, 88-96, Jan. 2016. doi:10.1002/mmce.20942
15. Ozbay, E., K. Guven, and K. Aydin, "Metamaterials with negative permeability and negative refractive index: Experiments and simulations," Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, Vol. 9, No. 9, S301, 2007. doi:10.1088/1464-4258/9/9/S04
16. Kishor, K., M. N. Baitha, R. K. Sinha, and B. Lahiri, "Tunable negative refractive index metamaterial from V-shaped SRR structure: Fabrication and characterization," JOSA B, Vol. 31, No. 7, 1410-1414, 2014. doi:10.1364/JOSAB.31.001410
17. Islam, M. M., M. T. Islam, M. Samsuzzaman, M. R. I. Faruque, N. Misran, and M. F. Mansor, "A miniaturized antenna with negative index metamaterial based on modified SRR and CLS unit cell for UWB microwave imaging applications," Materials, Vol. 8, No. 2, 392-407, 2015. doi:10.3390/ma8020392
18. Titaouine, M., A. G. Neto, H. Baudrand, and F. Djahli, "Analysis of frequency selective surface on isotrop anisotrop layers using WCIP method," ETRI Journal, Vol. 29, No. 1, 36-44, Feb. 2009. doi:10.4218/etrij.07.0106.0123
19. Hajlaoui, E. A., H. Trabelsi, and H. Baudrand, "Periodic planar multilayered substrates analysis using wave concept iterative process," Journal of Electromagnetic Analysis and Applications, Vol. 4, 118-128, 2012. doi:10.4236/jemaa.2012.43016
20. Aroussi, S., et al., "Efficient analysis of complex FSS structure using the WCIP method," Journal of Electromagnetic Analysis and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 11, 447, 2011. doi:10.4236/jemaa.2011.311071
21. Hajri, J., et al., "Efficient study of substrate integrated waveguide devices," World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 2, 381-385, 2015.
22. Elbellili, T., M. K. Azizi, L. Latrach, H. Trabelsi, A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, "Characterization of the composite right/left-handed transmission line metamaterial circuits using iterative method WCIP," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-8, 2017.
23. Elbellili, T., M. K. Azizi, L. Latrach, H. Trabelsi, A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, "Analyzing of one dimensional quasi periodic circuit by using auxiliary sources in a WCIP method," 2016 7th International Conference on Sciences of Electronics, Technologies of Information and Telecommunications (SETIT), 34-39, IEEE, Dec. 2016. doi:10.1109/SETIT.2016.7939837
24. Azizi, M. K., H. Baudrand, L. Latrach, and A. Gharsallah, "Metamaterial-based flat lens: Wave concept iterative process approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 75, 13-21, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERC17030705
25. Azizi, M. K., H. Baudrand, T. Elbellili, and A. Gharsallah, "Almost periodic lumped elements structure modeling using iterative method: Application to photonic jets and planar lenses," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 55, 121-132, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERM16121906
26. Azizi, M. K., L. Latrach, N. Raveu, A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, "A new approach of almost periodic lumped elements circuits by an iterative method using auxiliary sources," American Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 10, No. 11, 1457-1472, 2013. doi:10.3844/ajassp.2013.1457.1472