In this paper, an analytical calculation of the magnetic field in a consequent-pole bearingless permanent magnet (PM) type motor with rotor eccentricity is proposed. The analytical method is based on the resolution of Laplace's and Poisson's equations. Due to the presence of consequent-pole, the general solution of the first-order for the vector potential distribution in the air-gap is presented considering the first harmonic. Here, the magnetic field distributions by the analytical method are compared with those obtained from finite element (FE) analyses. Then, the corresponding performances are quantitatively assessed by the ﬁnite-element method.
2. Ooshima, M., A. Chiba, T. Fukao, and M. A. Rahman, "Design and analysis of permanent magnet-type bearingless motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electro., Vol. 43, No. 2, 292-299, 1996.
3. Ooshima, M., S. Miyazawa, and A. Chiba, "A rotor design of a permanent magnet-type bearingless motor considering demagnetization," IEEE Proc., Power Conversion Conf., 655-660, Nagaoka, 1997.
4. Qiu, Z. J., "Fundamental research on permanent-magnet type bearingless motors,", Nanjing Univ. Aeron and Astron., Nanjing, 2010.
5. Oshima, M., S. Miyazawa, and T. Deido, "Characteristics of a permanent magnet type bearingless motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 32, No. 2, 363-370, 1996.
6. Qiu, Z. J., Z. Q. Deng, X. L. Wang, and L. K. Meng, "The principle and implementation of a new-type consequent-pole bearingless permanent magnet motor," Proc. of the CSEE, Vol. 27, No. 33, 1-5, 2007.
7. Kim, U. and D. K. Lieu, "Magnetic field calculation in permanent magnet motors with rotor eccentricity: Without slotting effect," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 34, No. 4, 2243-2252, Jul. 1998.
8. Kim, U. and D. K. Lieu, "Magnetic field calculation in permanent magnet motors with rotor eccentricity: With slotting effect considered," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 34, No. 4, 2253-2266, Jul. 1998.
9. Kim, U. and D. K. Lieu, "Effects of magnetically induced vibration force in brushless permanent-magnet motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 41, No. 6, 2164-2172, Jun. 2005.
10. Rahideh, A. and T. Korakianitis, "Analytical open-circuit magnetic field distribution of slotless brushless permanent magnet machines with rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 47, No. 12, 4791-4808, 2011.
11. Fu, J. J. and C. S. Zhu, "Subdomain model for predicting magnetic field in slotted surface mounted permanent magnet machines with rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 48, No. 5, 1906-1917, 2012.
12. Li, C., Y. J. Zhang, and Z. J. Qiu, "Exact analytical model for the no-load air-gap magnetic field calculation in consequent-pole permanent magnet bearingless motor," Trans. China Electro. Society, Vol. 27, No. 11, 1-5, 2012.
13. Fu, W. B., H. He, and Z. K. Chen, "Mode analyses of quasi-rectangular waveguides by using PMOBG," Journal of Jishou University, Vol. 24, No. 4, 43-47, 2003.
14. Lubin, T., S. Mezani, and A. Rezzoug, "Exact analytical method for magnetic field computation in the air gap of cylindrical electrical machines considering slotting effects," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 46, No. 4, 1092-1099, Apr. 2010.