Optimization design is a satisfactory way to improve the performance of magnetic bearing (MB). In this paper, a multi-objective genetic particle algorithm of swarm optimization (GAPSO) is proposed for homopolar permanent magnet biased magnetic bearings (HPRMBs). By assigning different inertia weights to each objective function, the multi-objective function is transformed into a new single objective function for optimization. In order to ensure the diversity of particles in the optimization process, genetic algorithm is used to cross-mutate them, which enhances the global search ability of particle swarm optimization. After optimization with GAPSO, the levitating force of the MB is increased by 22.3%, the volume decreased by 26.6%, and the loss reduced by 33.9%. The optimization results show that the multi-objective optimization based on GAPSO can effectively improve the performance of HPRMB.
1. Huang, Z., et al., "Loss calculation and thermal analysis of rotors supported by active magnetic bearings for high-speed permanent-magnet electrical machines," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 4, 2027-2035, 2016.
2. Zad, H. S., T. I. Khan, and I. Lazoglu, "Design and adaptive sliding mode control of hybrid magnetic bearings," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 3, 2537-2547, 2018. doi:10.1109/TIE.2017.2739682
3. Yuan, Y., et al., "Magnetic force numerical analysis of auxiliary bearings in optimized flywheel storage system," Electric Machines and Control, Vol. 20, No. 7, 95-101, 2016.
4. Han, B., et al., "Integral design and analysis of passive magnetic bearing and active radial magnetic bearing for agile satellite application," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 48, No. 6, 1959-1966, 2012. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2180731
5. Nguyen, T. D. and G. Foo, "Sensorless control of a dual-airgap axial flux permanent magnet machine for flywheel energy storage system," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 7, No. 2, 140-149, 2013. doi:10.1049/iet-epa.2012.0048
6. Han, B., et al., "Modeling and analysis of coupling performance between passive magnetic bearing and hybrid magnetic radial bearing for magnetically suspended flywheel," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 10, 5356-5370, 2013. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2013.2263284
8. Han, B., S. Zheng, and H. Li, "Design and analysis of a two-axis-magnetic bearing with permanent magnet bias for magnetically suspended reaction wheel," International Conference on Seventh International Conference on Intelligent System & Knowledge Engineering, 2014.
9. Zhilichev, Y., "Analysis of a magnetic bearing pair with a permanent magnet excitation," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 36, No. 5, 3690-3692, 2000. doi:10.1109/20.908942
10. Mitterhofer, H., W. Gruber, and W. Amrhein, "On the high speed capacity of bearingless drives," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 6, 3119-3126, 2014. doi:10.1109/TIE.2013.2272281
11. Betschon, F., Design Principles of Integrated Magnetic Bearings, Swiss Federal Inst. Technol., Zurich, Switzerland, 2000.
12. Li, Z., H. Zhu, and X. Z, "Research on control system model of single degree of freedom hybrid magnetic bearing," Journal of Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Vol. 6, 685-690, 1998.
13. Wu, L., et al., "Analytical model of radial permanent magnet biased magnetic bearing with assist poles," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 26, No. 7, 1-5, 2016.
14. Moser, R., J. Sandtner, and H. Bleuler, "Optimization of repulsive passive magnetic bearings," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 42, No. 8, 2038-2042, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2005.861160
15. Zeisberger, M., T. Habisreuther, D. Litzkendorf, O. Surzhenko, R. Muller, and W. Gawalek, "Optimization of levitation forces in superconducting magnetic bearings," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 11, No. 1, 1741-1744, Mar. 2001. doi:10.1109/77.920120
16. Sahinkaya, M. N. and A. E. Hartavi, "Variable bias current in magnetic bearings for energy optimization," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 43, No. 3, 1052-1060, Mar. 2007. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2006.888731
17. Shelke, S. and R. V. Chalam, "Optimum energy loss in electromagnetic bearing," Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. Electron. Comput. Technol. (ICECT), 374-379, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, Apr. 8-10, 2011.
18. Rao, J. S. and R. Tiwari, "Optimum design and analysis of axial hybrid magnetic bearings using multi-objective genetic algorithms," International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science & Mechanics, 2012.
19. Liu, X. and B. Han, "The multiobjective optimal design of a two-degree-of-freedom hybrid magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 50, No. 9, 1-14, 2014. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2014.2313315
20. Han, B., Q. Xu, and Q. Yuan, "Multiobjective optimization of a combined radial-axial magnetic bearing for magnetically suspended compressor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 4, 2284-2293, 2016.
21. Kennedy, J. and R. Eberhaa, "Particle swarm optimization," IEEE Int. Confon. Neural Networks, 1942-1948, IEEE, Perth, USA, 1995.
22. Pichot, M. A., et al., "Active magnetic bearings for energy storage systems for combat vehicles," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 37, No. 1, 318-323, 2001. doi:10.1109/20.911846