A method is proposed for calculating the radiation characteristics of a reflector antenna in the resonant wavelength range. The method uses the solution of the problem of electromagnetic field scattering from a well-conducting non-closed screen of finite thickness. This problem is solved by an E-field integral equation and on approximate boundary conditions by Leontovich, which are applied onto a surface of a well-conducting screen.
2. Povzner, A. Y. and I. V. Sukharevsky, "Second kind integral equations for diffraction problems on the infinitely thin screen," Doklady Sovetskoy Physiki, Vol. 4, 798-801, 1960.
3. Feld, Y. N. and I. V. Sukharevsky, "On the integral equations of diffraction problems on unclosed screens," Radioteknika I Elektronika, Vol. 12, No. 10, 1713-1720, 1967 (in Russian).
4. Ilyinsky, A. S. and Y. G. Smirnov, "Electromagnetic wave diffraction by conducting screens,", Utrecht, Ridderprint, Netherlands, 1998.
5. Smirnov, Y. G., "The solvability of vector integro-differential equations for the problem of the diffraction of an electromagnetic fields by screens of arbitrary shape," Comp. Meths. Math. Phys., Vol. 34, No. 10, 1265-1276, 1994.
6. Vinogradov, S. S., P. D. Smith, and E. D. Vinogradova, Canonical Problems in Scattering and Potential Theory. Part 2: Acoustic and Electromagnetic Diffraction by Canonical Structures, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2002.
7. Vinogradov, S. S., Y. A. Tuchkin, and V. P. Shestopalov, "On the theory of the scattering of waves by nonclosed screens of spherical shape," Soviet Physics Doklady, Vol. 26, No. 2, 169-171, 1981.
8. Davydov, A. G., Y. V. Zaharov, and Y. V. Pimenov, "Method of numerical solution of electromagnetic diffraction problem on arbritrary unclosed surfaces," Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, Vol. 276, No. 1, 96-100, 1984 (in Russian).
9. Bulygin, V. S., A. I. Nosich, and Y. V. Gandel, "Nystrom-type method in three-dimensional electromagnetic diffraction by a finite PEC rotationally symmetric surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 60, No. 10, 4710-4718, 2012.
10. Sukharevsky, O. I., "Electrodynamic calculation of a model of the two-mirror antenna with exact account of interaction between mirrors," Radiotekhnika, Vol. 60, 41-47, 1982.
11. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, No. 5, 409-418, 1982.
12. James, R. M., "On the use of F.S./F.F.T.’s as global basis functions in the solution of boundary integral equations for EM scattering," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 42, No. 9, 213-219, 1994.
13. Trowbridge, B., "Integral equations in electromagnetics," Intern. J. NumericalModeling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 9, No. 3, 978-984, 1996.
14. Ivanchenko, D. D. and I. O. Sukharevsky, "Backscattering measurements for metallic unclosed spherical screens," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 69, No. 5, 423-428, 2010.
15. Sukharevsky, I. O., G. S. Zalevsky, S. V. Nechitaylo, and O. I. Sukharevsky, "Electromagnetic wave scattering by a circular perfectly conducting disc of finite thickness," Electromagnetic Waves and Electronic Systems, Vol. 15, No. 2, 42-47, 2010 (in Russian).
16. Sukharevsky, I. O., S. V. Nechitaylo, D. D. Ivanchenko, and P. N. Melezhik, "Electromagnetic wave scattering by a curved screen of finite thickness," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 71, No. 5, 413-422, 2012.
17. Kyurkchan, A. G. and N. I. Smirnova, "Solution of wave diffraction problems by the null-field method," Acoustical Physics, Vol. 55, No. 6, 691-697, 2009.
18. Wriedt, T., "Review of null-field method with discrete sources," Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer, Vol. 106, 535-545, 2007.
19. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New-York, 1941.
20. Silver, S., Microwave Antenna Theory and Design, MIT Radiation Laboratory Series, Vol. 12, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1949.
21. Yuferev, S. V. and N. Ida, Surface Impedance Boundary Conditions: A Comprehensive Approach, CRC Press, 2010.
22. Colton, D. and R. Kress, "Integral equation methods in scattering theory," (SIAM-Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2013.
23. Waterman, P. C., "Matrix formulation of electromagnetic scattering," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 53, 805-812, 1965.
24. Bakhvalov, N. S., N. P. Zhidkov, and G. M. Kobelnikov, Numerical Methods: Teaching Aid, Nauka, Moscow, 1987.
25. Nechitaylo, S., V. Orlenko, O. Sukharevsky, and V. Vasylets, "Electromagnetic wave scattering by a screen of finite thickness and conductivity," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 77, No. 16, 1409-1421, 2018.
26. Sukharevsky, O., S. Nechitaylo, V. Orlenko, and V. Vasylets, "Frequency response of impedance screens of finite thickness in the resonance band," Proc 9th Int Conf on Ultrawideband and Ultrashort Impulse Signals, 28-33, Odessa, Ukraine, September 2018.
27. Sukharevsky, O. I., et al., Electromagnetic Wave Scattering by Aerial and Ground Radar Objects, O. I. Sukharevsky (ed.), CRC Press, 2014.
28., , https://altairhyperworks.com/product/FEKO.
29. Fang, D. G., Antenna Theory and Microstrip Antennas, CRC Press, 2010.