This paper presents a novel quintuple-mode wideband lter based on a circular Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) cavity. To implement this filter, a pair of two metallic perturbation vias loaded around the diameter resonator line is used. An Elliptic Dielectric Resonator (EDR) was introduced in the middle of the cavity to shift certain resonant modes and restrain the higher-order modes. The optimal dimensions and dielectric permittivity of the EDR are investigated. A single SIW resonator filter has been designed, manufactured, and measured as an experimental example to verify the proposed design. Simulation and measurement results agree with 51.7% of fractional bandwidth at 10.1 GHz central frequency, with one transmission zero (TZ) at the lower frequency side and four TZs at the upper side.
2. Zhang, Z.-C. and H. Liu, "A ultra compact wideband bandpass filter using a quadmode stub-loaded resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 77, 35-40, 2018.
3. Nan, L., Y. Wu, W. Wang, S. Li, and Y. Liu, "A compact wideband bandpass filter using a coupled-line quad-mode resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 53, 7-12, 2015.
4. Wong, S., S. Feng, L. Zhu, and Q. Chu, "Triple- and quadruple-mode wideband bandpass filter using simple perturbation in single metal cavity," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 63, No. 10, 3416-3424, 2015.
5. Wong, S., S. Feng, L. Deng, L. Zhu, and Q. Chu, "A quintuple-mode wideband bandpass filter on single metallic cavity with perturbation cylinders," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 26, No. 12, 975-977, 2016.
6. Wong, S., B. Zheng, L. Zhu, and Q. Chu, "Quintuple-mode wideband filter based on a single metal cavity," Electronics Letters, Vol. 53, No. 15, 1049-1050, 2017.
7. Chen, R. S., S. Wong, L. Zhu, and Q. Chu, "Wideband bandpass filter using U-slotted substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) cavities," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 25, No. 1, 1-3, 2015.
8. Huang, X., L. Zhou, Y. Yuan, L. Qiu, and J. Mao, "Quintuple-mode W-band packaged filter based on a modified quarter-mode substrate-integrated waveguide cavity," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 9, No. 11, 2237-2247, 2019.
9. Ammari, H., M. L. Riabi, F. Grine, M. T. Benhabiles, R. Khalef, and C. Erredir, "Novel quintuplemode wideband filter based on substrate integrated waveguide using an elliptic metallic post," International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), 1-2, Busan, Korea (South), 2018.
10. Amari, S., "Application of representation theory to dual-mode microwave bandpass filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 57, No. 2, 430-441, 2009.
11. Das, R., Q. Zhang, A. Kandwal, and H. Liu, "All passive realization of lossy coupling matrices using resistive decomposition technique," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 5095-5105, 2019.
12. Hong, J., Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, Wiley, New York, 2011.
13. Liu, H. W. and S. Li, "High selectivity and wide-stopband quintuple-mode bandpass filter with multiple transmission zeros," Electromagnetics, Vol. 35, No. 6, 386-392, 2015.