The electromagnetic plane wave diffraction by the half-plane with fractional boundary conditions is considered in this article. The theoretical part is given based on that the near field, pointing vector and energy density distribution are calculated for different values of the fractional order. The results are compared with classical cases for marginal values of the fractional order. Interesting results are obtained for fractional orders between marginal values. Results are analyzed.
2. Onal, N. O., K. Karacuha, G. H. Erdinc, B. B. Karacuha, and E. Karacuha, "A mathematical approach with fractional calculus for the modelling of children’s physical development," Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, Vol. 2019, Article ID 3081264, 13 pages, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/3081264.
3. Axtell, M. and M. E. Bise, "Fractional calculus application in control systems," Proceedings of the IEEE 1990 National Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON 1990), Pittsburgh, PA, USA, June 1990.
4. Engheta, N., "Use of fractional integration to propose some “fractional” solutions for the scalar Helmholtz Equation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 12, 107-132, 1996.
5. Engheta, N., "Fractional curl operator in electromagnetics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 17, No. 2, 86-91, 1998.
6. Engheta, N., "Phase and amplitude of fractional-order intermediate wave," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 21, No. 5, 338-343, 1999.
7. Veliev, E. I., T. M. Ahmedov, and M. V. Ivakhnychenko, "Fractional operators approach and fractional boundary conditions," Electromagnetic Waves, 28, Zhurbenko V. (editor), IntechOpen, Rijeka, Croatia, 2011, doi: 10.5772/16300.
8. Veliev, E. I., M. V. Ivakhnychenko, and T. M. Ahmedov, "Fractional boundary conditions in plane waves diffraction on a strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 443-462, 2008.
9. Ivakhnychenko, M. V., E. I. Veliev, and T. M. Ahmedov, "Scattering properties of the strip with fractional boundary conditions and comparison with the impedance strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 2, 189-205, 2008.
10. Tabatadze, V., K. Karacuha, and E. I. Veliev, "The fractional derivative approach for the diffraction problems: plane wave diffraction by two strips with the fractional boundary conditions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 251-264, 2019.
11. Karacuha, K., E. I. Veliyev, V. Tabatadze, and E. Karacuha, "Analysis of current distributions and radar cross sections of line source scattering from impedance strip by fractional derivative method," Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 8, No. 2, 108-113, 2019.
12. Bowman, J. J., T. B. Senior, and P. L. Uslenghi, Electromagnetic and Acoustic Scattering by Simple Shapes (Revised Edition), 747 p., Hemisphere Publishing Corp., New York, No individual items are abstracted in this volume, 1987.
13. Idemen, M. and A. Alkumru, "Relativistic scattering of a plane-wave by a uniformly moving halfplane," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3429-3440, 2006.
14. Da Rosa, G. S., J. L. Nicolini, and F. J. V. Hasselmann, "Relativistic aspects of plane wave scattering by a perfectly conducting half-plane with uniform velocity along an arbitrary direction," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 9, 4759-4767, 2017.
15. Carlson, J. F. and A. E. Heins, "The reflection of an electromagnetic plane wave by an infinite set of plates," Quart. Appl. Math., Vol. 4, 313-329, 1947.
16. Senior, T. B. A., "Diffraction by a semi-infinite metallic sheet," Proc. Roy. Soc. London, Seria A, Vol. 213, 436-458, 1952.
17. Senior, T. B. A., "Diffraction by an imperfectly conducting half plane at oblique incidence," Appl. Sci. Res., Vol. B8, 35-61, 1959.
18. Veliev, E. I., "Plane wave diffraction by a half-plane: A new analytical approach," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 10, 1439-1453, 1999.
19. Prudnikov, H. P., Y. H. Brychkov, and O. I. Marichev, Special Functions, Integrals and Series, Vol. 2, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1986.
20. Born, M. and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, 7th Edition, Cambridge University Press, 1999.