A novel compact (20 × 22 mm2) triple band eliminated monopole antenna for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications is presented. A novel radiating patch with reduced ground plane is utilized for achieving a -10 dB impedance bandwidth of 3.28-13.28 GHz. An upper inverted U-shaped slot is introduced into the radiating patch to notch C-band (3.68-4.19 GHz), and a lower inverted U-structured slot is utilized to eliminate WLAN band (5.18-5.82 GHz) interference. The interference due to down link of X-band (7.27-7.87 GHz) is rejected by via hole connected between patch and rectangular strip printed above the defected ground structure. The proposed antenna has nearly stable radiation patterns, and realized gain over UWB frequency range makes it suitable for recent portable wireless communication applications.
1. Elhabchi, M., M. N. Srifi, and R. Touahni, "CPW-fed miniaturized isosceles triangular slot UWB planar antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 87, 59-66, 2019. doi:10.2528/PIERL19072204
2. Tang, M.-C., S. Xiao, T. Deng, D. Wang, J. Guan, B. Wang, and G.-D. Ge, "Compact UWB antenna with multiple band-notches for WiMAX and WLAN," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 4, 1372-1376, April 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2011.2109684
3. Lotfi, P., M. Azarmanesh, and S. Soltani, "Rotatable dual band-notched UWB/triple-band WLAN reconfigurable antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 104-107, 2013. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2013.2242842
4. Anagnostou, D. E., M. T. Chryssomallis, B. D. Braaten, J. L. Ebel, and N. Sepulveda, "Reconfigurable UWB antenna with RF-MEMS for on-demand WLAN rejection," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 2, 602-608, February 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2293145
5. Alnahwi, F. M. and N. E. Islam, "A generalized concept for band notch generation in ultra-wide band antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 54, 179-185, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERC14090404
6. Ahmed, O. M. H. and A. R. Sebak, "A novel maple-leaf shaped UWB antenna with a 5.0–6.0 GHz band-notch characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 11, 39-49, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERC09091107
7. Liu, W. X. and Y. Z. Yin, "Dual band-notched antenna with the parasitic strip for UWB," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 25, 21-30, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERL11052609
8. Mishra, G. and S. Sahu, "Compact circular patch UWB antenna with WLAN band notch characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 5, 1068-1073, May 2016. doi:10.1002/mop.29727
9. Jiang, W. and W. Che, "A novel UWB antenna with dual notched bands for WiMAX and WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 293-296, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2190490
10. Sarkar, D., K. V. Srivastava, and K. Saurav, "A compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 396-399, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2306812
11. Wu, Z.-H., F. Wei, X.-W. Shi, and W.-T. Li, "A compact quad band-notched UWB monopole antenna loaded one lateral L-shaped slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 303-315, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13022714
12. Xu, J., D. Shen, X. Zhang, and K. Wu, "A compact disc ultrawideband (UWB) antenna with quintuple band rejections," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 1517-1520, 2012.
13. Mewara, H. S., J. K. Deegwal, and M. M. Sharma, "A slot resonators based quintuple bandnotched Y-shaped planar monopole ultra-wideband antenna," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 83, 470-478, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2017.10.035
14. Mewara, H. S., D. Jhanwar, M. M. Sharma, and J. K. Deegwal, "A novel hammer-shaped UWB antenna with triple notched-band for rejecting RLS, WLAN and XSCS bands," Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 6, No. 4, 36-41, October 2017. doi:10.7716/aem.v6i4.527
15. Zehforoosh, Y., M. Mohammadifar, A. H. Mohammadifar, and S. R. Ebadzadeh, "Designing four notched bands microstrip antenna for UWB applications, assessed by analytic hierarchy process method," Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 16, No. 3, 765-776, September 2017. doi:10.1590/2179-10742017v16i3915
16. Mouhouche, F., A. Azrar, M. Dehmas, and K. Djafri, "Compact superformula based ultra-wideband antenna shape with two notched bands," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 1-5, May 2015.
17. Xi, L., H. Zhai, Y. Zang, and L. Li, "A novel dual-band tunable band-notched antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 3014-3018, 2017. doi:10.1002/mop.30866
18. Jaglan, N., B. K. Kanaujia, S. D. Gupta, and S. Srivastava, "Triple band notched UWB antenna design using electromagnetic band gap structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 66, 139-147, 2016. doi:10.2528/PIERC16052304
19. Jaglan, N., B. K. Kanaujia, S. D. Gupta, and S. Srivastava, "Design of band notched antenna with DG-CEBG," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 105, No. 1, 58-72, 2017. doi:10.1080/00207217.2017.1340977
20. Rahman, S. U., Q. Cao, Y. Li, I. Gil, and W. Yi, "Design of tri-notched UWB antenna based on elliptical and circular ring resonators," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer- Aided Engineering, e21648, 2018.
21. Kundu, S., "Balloon-shaped CPW fed printed UWB antenna with dual frequency notch to eliminate WiMAX and WLAN interferences," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, 1744-1750, 2018. doi:10.1002/mop.31230