An elliptical array, composed of 10 uniform elliptical apertures as the radiating elements, is presented. Assume that each aperture in an electric conducting plane spreads on the elliptic orbit and is fed by the uniform plane wave in order to obtain a low SLL array pattern with high directivity, the elliptic orbit eccentricity and the angular position of each array element are stimulated. The applied parameters are determined by an elaborate optimization procedure. The utilized procedure, comprising the geometric computational technique (GCT), and angular positions excitation (APE) is stated in detail, respectively to determine a satisfactory eccentricity and the angular position of each element.
2. Saman Zare, A., "Elliptical antenna array pattern synthesis with fixed side lobe level and suitable main beam width by genetic algorithm," Progress in American Journal of Electromagnetics and Applications, Vol. 1, No. 1, 8-15, 2013.
3. Cheng, D. K., Field and Wave Electromagnetics, Adison Wesley, 1983.
4. Saman Zare, A., "Application of ant colony optimization algorithm to pattern synthesis of uniform circular antenna array," Progress in ACES Journal, Vol. 30, No. 8, 810-818, 2015.
5. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, John Wiley and Sons, 2011.
6. Bevelacqua, P. J., Antenna arrays-performance limits and geometry, Doctoral Thesis, Virginia Tech. University, Antenna Engineering Team, 2007.
7. Zaharis, Z. D., C. Skeberis, and T. D. Xenos, "Improved antenna array adaptive beamforming with low side lobe level using a novel adaptive invasive weed optimization method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 124, 137-150, 2012.
8. Mahanti, G. K., A. Chakrabarty, and S. Das, "Phase-only and amplitude-phase only synthesis of dual-beam pattern linear antenna arrays using floating-point genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 247-259, 2007.
9. Guney, K. and M. Onay, "Amplitude-only pattern nulling of linear antenna arrays with the use of bees algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 21-36, 2007.
10. Dessouky, M. I., H. A. Sharshar, and Y. A. Albagory, "Efficient sidelobe reduction technique for small-sized concentric circular arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 187-200, 2006.
11. Manica, L., P. Rocca, M. Pastorino, and A. Massa, "Boresight slope optimization of subarrayed linear arrays through the contiguous partition method," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 253-257, 2008.
12. Sharaqa, A. and N. Dib, "Position-only side lobe reduction of a uniformly excited elliptical antenna array using evolutionary algorithms," IET Microwaves, Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 7, No. 6, 452-457, Apr. 23, 2013.
13. Liu, D., Q. Feng, W.-B. Wang, and X. Yu, "Synthesis of unequally spaced antenna arrays by using inheritance learning particle swarm optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 118, 205-221, 2011.
14. Dolph, C. L., "A current distribution for broadside arrays which optimises the relationship between beam width and sidelobe level," IRE Proc., Vol. 34, 335-348, 1946.
15. Saman Zare, A., "Elliptical antenna array pattern synthesis with fixed side lobe level and suitable main beam width by genetic algorithm," Progress in Majlesi Journal of Telecommunications Devices, Vol. 1, No. 4, 113-120, 2012.
16. Saman Zare, A., Elliptical antenna array pattern synthesis, B.S.C. Thesis, Islamic Azad University Majlesi Branch, Telecommunications Engineering Department, 2012.
17. Targonski, S. D., R. B. Waterhouse, and D. M. Pozar, "Wide-band aperture-coupled stacked patch antenna using thick substrate," Electron. Lett., Vol. 32, No. 21, 1941-1942, Nov. 1996.
18. Munson, R. E., "Conformal microstrip antennas and microstrip phased arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 22, No. 1, 74-78, Jan. 1974.
19. Lei, J.-Z., C.-H. Liang, W. Ding, and Y. Zhang, "EMC analysis of antennas mounted on electrically large platforms with parallel FDTD method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 205-220, 2008.
20. Gurel, L. and O. Ergul, "Design and simulation of circular arrays of trapezoidal-tooth log-periodic antennas via genetic optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 243-260, 2008.