In this study, plane wave diffraction by a perfect electromagnetic wedge which is lying between isorefractive media is investigated. The diffracted waves are constructed by using the relation between initial geometric optics waves and scattered waves at the transition boundaries. The uniform theory of diffraction method is used for derivation of the uniform wave expressions. Thus, obtained uniform expressions are analyzed numerically for different set of parameters.
2. Senior, T. B. A., "Diffraction by a semi-infinite metallic sheet," Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, Vol. 213, 436-458, 1952.
3. Rawlins, A. D., "The solution of a mixed boundary value problem in the theory of diffraction by a semi-infinite plane," Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, Vol. 346, 469-484, 1975.
4. Senior, T. B. A., "Diffraction by a resistive half-plane," Electromagnet., Vol. 11, 183-192, 1991.
5. Griesser, T., C. A. Balanis, and K. Liu, "RCS analysis and reduction for lossy dihedral corner reflectors," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 77, 806-814, 1989.
6. Knott, E. F., J. F. Shaeffer, and M. T. Tuley, Radar Cross Section, 1993, 2nd Edition, Scitech Publishing, 2004.
7. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 7, 861-869, 2005.
8. Ruppin, R., "Scattering of electromagnetic radiation by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1853-1860, 2006.
9. Ahmed, S., "Diffraction by a Perfect Electromagnetic Conductor (PEMC) half plane," Int. J. Electron. Lett., Vol. 5, 255-260, 2017.
10. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Transformation method for problems involving Perfect Electromagnetic Conductor (PEMC) structures," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, 3005-3011, 2005.
11. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering of two or more incident plane wave by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder coated with metamaterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 10, 75-90, 2008.
12. Tiwana, M. H., S. Ahmed, A. B. Mann, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Point source diffraction from a semi-infinite perfect electromagnetic conductor half plane," Optik, Vol. 135, 1-7, 2017.
13. Nayyeri, V., M. Soleimani, and M. Dehmollaian, "Modeling of the perfect electromagnetic conductor boundary in the finite difference time domain method," Radio Sci., Vol. 48, 453-463, 2013.
14. Umul, Y. Z., "Wave diffraction by a perfect electromagnetic conductor wedge," Optik, Vol. 182, 761-765, 2019.
15. Stutzman, W. L. and G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, 3rd Ed., Wiley, 2013.
16. Basdemir, H. D., "Scattering of waves by a perfectly conducting wedge residing at the interface between two isorefractive media," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propagat. Lett., Vol. 15, 1361-1364, 2016.
17. Basdemir, H. D., "Scattering of evanescent plane waves by a black wedge at the interface between isorefractive media," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 64, 3661-3664, 2016.
18. Basdemir, H. D., "Diffraction of waves by a perfect electromagnetic conductor half-plane between isorefractive media," Opt. Quant. Electronics, Vol. 51, No. 222, 1, 2019.
19. Umul, Y. Z., "Wave diffraction by a right-angled interface between resistive half and whole planes," AEU Int. J. Electron. Commun., Vol. 84, 57, 2018.
20. Keller, J. B., "Geometrical theory of diffraction," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. 52, 116-130, 1962.
21. Basdemir, H. D., "Directive line source scattering by a half-plane between twoisorefractive media," Optik, Vol. 131, 124-131, 2017.
22. Jull, E. V., Aperture Antennas and Diffraction Theory, IEE Electromagnetic Wave Series, London, 1981.
23. Morabito, A. F., A. R. Lagana, and T. Isernia, "On the optimal synthesis of ring symmetric shaped patterns by means of uniformly spaced planar arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 20, 33-48, 2010.