According to the orthogonality of each sub-carrier in the multi-carrier phase-coded (MCPC) signal, this paper focuses on anti-interrupted sampling repeater jamming (ISRJ) and creatively proposes a novel radar signal based on time-frequency random coded (TFRC) method, namely TFRC-MCPC signal. Based on the perspective of waveform design, the TFRC-MCPC signal adopts a chaotic sequence with good pseudo-random to code each chip in time-domain and each subcarrier in frequency-domain. The TFRC method increases the pseudo-randomness of radar waveform pulses and reduces the correlation between radar echo and ISRJ, thereby effectively suppressing the interference of false targets. The TFRC-MCPC method and common filter design methods do not conflict with each other and can be used in combination. The simulation experiment results show that under the typical parameters described in the paper, compared with the traditional MCPC signal and LFM signal, the signal-jamming ratio (SJR) improvement factor of the TFRC-MCPC signal is optimized by 1-2dB after pulse compression, which verifies its feasibility and effectiveness.
1. Lu, G., S. Liao, S. Luo, and B. Tang, "Cancellation of complicated DRFM range false targets via temporal pulse diversity," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 16, 69-84, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERC10061401
2. Wang, et al., "Mathematic principles of interrupted-sampling repeater jamming (ISRJ)," Sci. China Ser. F: Inf. Sci., Vol. 50, No. 1, 113-123, 2007. doi:10.1007/s11432-007-2017-y
3. Lu, Y. L. and S. Y. Li, "CFAR detection of DRFM deception jamming based on singular spectrum analysis," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Signal Process., Commun. Comput. (ICSPCC), 1-6, Xiamen, China, Oct. 2017.
4. Li, C. Z., W. M. Su, and H. Gu, "Improved interrupted sampling repeater jamming based on DRFM," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Signal Process., Commun. Comput. (ICSPCC), 254-257, Guilin, Chian, Aug. 2014.
5. Liu, J. B., L. Li, and Z. F. Liu, "Research on smart noise jamming against PD radar," Inf. Res., Vol. 37, 19-21, Feb. 2011.
6. Shen, R., Z. Liu, J. Sui, and X. Wei, "Study on interrupted-sampling repeater jamming performance based on intra-pulse frequency coded signal," Proc. SPIE, Vol. 10420, Art. No. 104204, Jul. 2017.
7. Pan, X., W. Wang, D.-J. Feng, J. Huang, Q. Fu, and G. Wang, "Rotational micro-motion modulated jamming for countering ISAR based on intermittent sampling repeater," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 36, 41-56, 2013.
8. Guo, L., H. Li, and Q. S. Li, "Interrupted sampling smart jamming method for coherent radar," Mod. Def. Technol., Vol. 41, 119-124, Mar. 2013.
9. Wei, X., G. Zhang, and W. Liu, "Efficient filter design against interrupted sampling repeater jamming for wideband radar," EURASIP J. Adv. Signal Process., Vol. 9, 1-12, Dec. 2017.
10. Zhou, C., Z. Y. Tang, and F. L. Yu, "Anti intermittent sampling repeater jamming method based on intrapulse orthogonality," J. Syst. Eng. Electron., Vol. 2, 269-275, 2017.
11. Gong, S. X., X. Z. Wei, and X. Li, "ECCM scheme against interrupted sampling repeater jammer based on time-frequency analysis," J. Syst. Eng. Electron., Vol. 25, No. 6, 996-1003, Dec. 2014.
12. Zhou, C., F. F. Liu, and Q. H. Liu, "An adaptive transmitting scheme for interrupted sampling repeater jamming suppression," Sensors, Vol. 17, No. 11, 2480, 2017.
13. Aubry, A., A. D. Maio, and Y. W. Huang, "Robust design of radar Doppler filters," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 64, No. 22, 5848-5860, Nov. 2016.
14. Yuan, H., C. Y. Wang, and L. An, "ECCM scheme against interrupted-sampling repeater jamming based on compressed sensing signal reconstruction," J. Syst. Eng. Electron., Vol. 40, No. 4, 717-725, Apr. 2018.
15. Yuan, H., C. Y. Wang, and X. Li, "A method against interrupted-sampling repeater jamming based on energy function detection and band-pass filtering," Int. Antenn. Propag., Vol. 2017, 1-9, Art. No. 6759169, Mar. 2017.
16. Wei, Z. H., Z. Liu, and P. Bo, "ECCM scheme against interrupted sampling repeater jammer based on parameter-adjusted waveform design," Sensors, Vol. 18, No. 4, 1141, 2018.
17. Zhou, C., F. Shi, and Q. Liu, "Research on parameters estimation and suppression for C&I jamming," Proc. CIE Int. Conf. Radar, 1-4, Oct. 2016.
18. Zhou, C., Q. Liu, and X. Chen, "Parameter estimation and suppression for DRFM-based interrupted sampling repeater jammer," IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, Vol. 12, No. 1, 56-63, 2018.
19. Zhang, J. Z., H. Q. Mu, S. L. Wen, and Y. B. Li, "Anti intermittent sampling repeater jamming method based on stepped LFM waveform," Syst. Eng. Electron., Vol. 41, 1013-1020, 2019.
20. Huang, Y. L., Y. Zeng, and Y. Fu, "Design and characteristic analysis of multicarrier chaotic phase coded radar pulse train signal," Int. J. Antenn. Propag., Vol. 2014, Art. No. 724294, 2014.
21. Sen, S. and C. W. Glover, "Optimal multicarrier phase-coded waveform design for detection of extended targets," IEEE Radar Conf., 1-4, Ttawa, Canada, Apr. 2013.
22. Yu, M., S. B. Dong, and X. Y. Duan, "A novel interference suppression method for interrupted sampling repeater jamming based on singular spectrum entropy function," Sensors, Vol. 19, No. 1, 2019.
23. Chen, J., S. Xu, and J. W. Zou, "Interrupted-sampling repeater jamming suppression based on stacked bidirectional gated recurrent unit network and infinite training," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 107428-107437, Aug. 2019.
24. Davis, R. M., R. L. Fante, and R. P. Perry, "Phase-coded waveforms for radar," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 43, 401-408, 2007.
25. Tang, L., Y. Zhu, and Q. Fu, "Designing waveform sets with good correlation and stopband properties for MIMO radar via the gradient-based method," Sensors, Vol. 17, 999, 2017.
26. Deng, H., "Polyphase code design for orthogonal netted radar systems," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 52, 3126-3135, 2004.
27. Yang, Y., R. S. Blum, and Z. S. He, "MIMO radar waveform design via alternating projection," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 58, 1440-1445, 2010.
28. Yang, Y. and R. S. Blum, "MIMO radar waveform design based on mutual information and minimummean-square error estimation," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 43, 330-343, 2007.
29. Chen, Z. K., J. Wang, and X. L. Qiao, "Waveform design for MIMO radar with sparse antenna array," Proc. 2015 IET Int. Radar Conf., 1-5, Hangzhou, China, Oct. 14–16, 2015.
30. Wang, W., Y. Li, T. Zou, X. Wang, J. You, and Y. Luo, "A novel image classification approach via dense-mobile net models," Mobile Information Systems, Vol. 2020, Article ID 7602384, 8 pages, 2020.
31. Wang, W., C. Zhang, J. Tian, J. Ou, and I. Li, "A SAR image targets recognition approach via novel SSF-net modelse," Computational Intelligence and Neuroscienc, Vol. 2020, Article ID 8859172, 9 pages, 2020.
32. Wang, W., et al., "High resolution radar targets recognition via inception-based VGG (IVGG) networks," Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, Vol. 2020, Article ID 8893419, 11 pages, 2020.