This article reports a very efficient Frequency Selective Surface (FSS) with Convoluted Square Loop (CSL) shape is designed for applications in the X-band. They are designed on the surfaces of an FR-4 substrate. Frequency selective surface (FSS) is a combination of a periodic structure designed to selectively absorb, reflect, and transmit the electromagnetic (EM) waves. FR-4 material provides durability and flexibility. A convoluted square loop structure reduces the size of the unit cell, and it also has a better stability with good gain. So, a CSL patch with a CSL FSS array with a slot on dual FR4 substrates is introduced for the improvement in overall gain and bandwidth. As per the design parameters, a structure is designed at 10GHz. This structure is designed with ANSYS HFSS. The proposed antenna structure has a return loss of -36.424 db, and VSWR value is 1.0307. The measurement results show a gain improvement of 6.266db and bandwidth of 5.882 db.
2. Farooq, U., M. F. Shafique, and M. J. Mughal, "Polarization insensitive dual band frequency selective surface for RF shielding through glass windows," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 62, No. 1, 93-100, Feb. 2019.
3. Sarika, M. R. Tripathy, and D. Ronnow, "A wideband frequency selective surface reflector for 4G/X-band/Ku-band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 81, 151-159, 2018.
4. Hussein, M., J. Zhou, Y. Huang, and B. A. Juboori, "A low-profile miniaturized second-order band-pass frequency selective surface," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 2791-2794, 2017.
5. Aseri, K. and S. Yadav, "A novel hexagonal shaped based band stop frequency selective surface with multiband applications," International Conference on ICT for Sustainable Development, 289-297, 2016.
6. Rahim, T., F. Khan, J. Xu, and L. Zhang, "Design X-band frequency selective surface with band pass characteristics based on miniaturized unit cell," 2016 13th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 592-594, Jan. 2016.
7. Liu, N., X.-J. Sheng, J.-J. Fan, and D. Guo, "An angular stable dual-band frequency selective surface with closely spaced resonances," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 70, 1-6, 2017.
8. Li, W., et al., "A miniaturized frequency selective surface based on square loop aperture element," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2014, 1-6, 2014.
9. Chakraborty, U., S. Chatterjee, S. K. Chowdhury, and P. P. Sarkar, "A compact microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 18, 211-220, 2011.