A novel computational technique is proposed for heat conduction analysis. The heat transfer equation is expanded in the complex frequency domain and solved using the finitedifference method (FDM). The results in the complex frequency domain are transformed into the time domain via fast inverse Laplace transform. In the proposed approach, the instantaneous temperature at a specific time can be easily obtained. Moreover, the computational time for the conventional explicit FDM is reduced by employing the time-division parallel computing method.
1. Odajima, W., F. Tawa, and S. Hasegawa, "Optical and thermal simulator for laser-assisted magnetic recording," Opt. Rev., Vol. 14, 180-185, 2007. doi:10.1007/s10043-007-0180-4
2. Challener, W. A., et al., "Heat-assisted magnetic recording by a near-field transducer with efficient optical energy transfer," Nat. Photonics, Vol. 3, 220-224, 2009. doi:10.1038/nphoton.2009.26
3. Wu, X. W., et al., "Finite element analysis of thermal problems in gas-insulated power apparatus with multiple species transport technique," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 50, No. 2, 7007804-1-7007804-4, 2014.
4. Suga, R., et al., "Analytical study on change of temperature and absorption characteristics of a single-layer radiowave absorberunder irradiation electric power," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 47, No. 4, 866-871, 2005. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2005.854102
5. Ma, L., et al., "Experimental validation of combined electromagnetic and thermal FDTD model of microwave heating process," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 43, No. 11, 2565-2572, 1995. doi:10.1109/22.473179
6. Xiong, S. and D. B. Bogy, "Investigation of the local temperature increase for heat assisted magnetic recording (HAMR)," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 50, No. 4, 1-6, 2014. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2013.2290760
7. Voller, V. and M. Cross, "Accurate solutions of moving boundary problems using theenthalpy method," Int. J. Heat Mass. Tran., Vol. 24, No. 3, 545-566, 1981. doi:10.1016/0017-9310(81)90062-4
9. Sadiku, M. N. O., Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, 2009.
10. Hosono, T., "Numerical inversion of Laplace transform and some applications to wave optics," Radio Sci., Vol. 16, No. 6, 1015-1019, 1981. doi:10.1029/RS016i006p01015
11. Kishimoto, S., T. Okada, S. Ohnuki, Y. Ashizawa, and K. Nakagawa, "Efficient analysis of electromagnetic fields for designing nanoscale antennas by using a boundary integral equation method with fast inverse Laplace transform," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 146, 155-165, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIER13081701