The method of evaluating the resonant frequencies of a multilayered cylindrical resonator containing uniaxial anisotropic materials is presented. The detailed solution of Maxwell's equations for such a structure by means of the radial mode matching method is given. The results of calculations using developed and launched computer program are given, and they are compared with those obtained by other methods and with measurements. These results are in close agreement, which proves the correctness of the method. The developed solution and the software program can be used to measure the permittivity tensor of materials.
2. Abramowicz, A. and J. Modelski, "Dielectric resonators and their applications,", PWN, 1990 [in Polish].
3. Courtney, W., "Analysis and evaluation of a method of measuring the complex permittivity and permeability of microwave insulators," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 18, No. 8, 476-485, 1970.
4. Maj, S. and J. Modelski, "Application of a dielectric resonator on microstrip line for measurement of complex permittivity," IEEE MTT International Microwave Symposium Digest, 1984.
5. Maj, S., "The method of determining the natural frequency and its application to the analysis of the multilayer cylindrical dielectric resonator,", Ph. D thesis, Warsaw, 1987 [in Polish].
6. Derzakowski, K. and A. Abramowicz, "Dielectric resonator figure of merit," Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Vol. 44, No. 2, 129-139, 1996.
7. www.3ds.com - CST Studio - Electromagnetic field simulation software.
8. www.qwed.eu - Software for Electromagnetic Design.
9. www.ansys.com - 3D Electromagnetic Field Simulator for RF and Wireless Design.
10. Krupka, J., "Resonant modes in shielded cylindrical ferrite and single-crystal dielectric resonators," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 37, No. 4, 691-696, 1989.
11. Tobar, M. and A. Mann, "Resonant frequencies of higher order modes in cylindrical anisotropic dielectric resonators," IEEE MTT International Microwave Symposium Digest, 1991.
12. Kobayashi, Y. and T. Sensu, "Resonant modes in shielded uniaxial-anisotropic dielectric rod resonators," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 41, No. 12, 2198-2205, 1993.
13. Krupka, J., et al., "Study of Whispering Gallery modes in anisotropic single-crystal dielectric resonators," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 42, No. 1, 56-61, 1994.
14. Taber, R. and C. Flory, "Microwave oscillators incorporating cryogenic sapphire dielectric resonators," IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, Vol. 42, No. 1, 111-119, 1995.
15. Guan, J. and C. Su, "Resonant frequencies and field distributions for the shielded uniaxially anisotropic dielectric resonator by the FD-SIC method," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 45, No. 10, 1767-1777, 1997.
16. Derzakowski, K., et al., "Whispering gallery resonator method for permittivity measurements," Journal on Telecommunications and Information Technology, No. 1, 43-47, 2002.