Steel-tower structure buildings are different from traditional buildings and lack of effective channel models. A ray-based channel model suitable for severe multipath effects is proposed in this paper. The calculation method of channel parameters is introduced in detail, and the statistical characteristics at different frequencies are also analyzed based on the ray tracing (RT) method. We compare the RT-based channel data at 800 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 6 GHz, and 28 GHz with different positions of transceivers, and obtain the corresponding characteristics of channel parameters. According to the probability density distribution of each parameter, it is shown that the angle offset, delay, and power attenuation can be well fitted by Laplace distribution, Gaussian distribution, and exponential distribution, respectively. On this basis, the power delay profile at different positions is analyzed. These results can be used to optimize the deployment of sensor networks and evaluate the performance of communication systems inside the tower structure buildings.
1. Ko, J., et al., "Millimeter-wave channel measurements and analysis for statistical spatial channel model in in-building and urban environments at 28 GHz," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 16, No. 9, 5853-5868, Sept. 2017. doi:10.1109/TWC.2017.2716924
2. Jiang, S., et al., "Map-based UAV mmWave channel model and characteristics analysis," 2020 IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC Workshops), 23-28, Chongqing, China, 2020.
3. Zhu, Q., et al., "Effects of digital map on the RT-based channel model for UAV mmWave communications," 2020 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing (IWCMC), 1648-1653, Limassol, Cyprus, 2020.
4. Cheng, L., et al., "Modeling and simulation for UAV air-to-ground mmWave channels," 2020 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-5, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2020.
5. Khawaja, W., O. Ozdemir, F. Erden, I. Guvenc, and D. W. Matolak, "Ultra-wideband air-to-ground propagation channel characterization in an open area," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 56, No. 6, 4533-4555, Dec. 2020. doi:10.1109/TAES.2020.3003104
6. Perez, A., A. Fouda, and A. S. Ibrahim, "Ray tracing analysis for UAV-assisted integrated access and backhaul millimeter wave networks," 2019 IEEE 20th International Symposium on ``A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks'' (WoWMoM), 1-5, Washington, DC, USA, 2019.
7. Zhou, A., et al., "60 GHz channel measurements and Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP),", 1-6, Nanjing, China, 2017.
8. Chandra, A., et al., "60-GHz millimeter-wave propagation inside bus: Measurement, modeling, simulation, and performance analysis," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 97815-97826, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2924729
9. He, D., et al., "Channel characterization and hybrid modeling for millimeter-wave communications in metro train," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 69, No. 11, 12408-12417, Nov. 2020. doi:10.1109/TVT.2020.3023153
10. Wen, J., Y. Zhang, G. Yang, Z. He, and W. Zhang, "Path loss prediction based on machine learning methods for aircraft cabin environments," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 159251-159261, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2950634
11. Cogalan, T., S. Videv, and H. Haas, "Aircraft in-cabin radio channel characterization: From measurement to model," GLOBECOM 2017 - 2017 IEEE Global Communications Conference, 1-6, Singapore, 2017.
12. De Beelde, B., et al., "60 GHz path loss modelling inside ships," 2020 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-5, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2020.
13. Shi, Z., P. Xia, Z. Gao, L. Huang, and C. Chen, "Modeling of wireless channel between UAV and vessel using the FDTD method," 10th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM 2014), 100-104, Beijing, 2014.
14. Lee, J., J. Choi, and S. Kim, "Cell coverage analysis of 28 GHz millimeter wave in urban microcell environment using 3-D ray tracing," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 3, 1479-1487, Mar. 2018. doi:10.1109/TAP.2018.2797531
15. Liu, Z., D. Shi, Y. Gao, C. Yuan, J. Bi, and Z. Tan, "A new ray tracing acceleration technique in the simulation system of electromagnetic situation," 2015 7th Asia-Pacific Conference on Environmental Electromagnetics (CEEM), 329-333, doi: 10.1109/CEEM.2015.7368698, 2015.
16. Zhu, Q., et al., 3GPP TR 38.901 Channel Model, The Wiley 5G Ref: The Essential 5G Reference Online, Wiley Press, Jan. 26, 2021, ISBN: 9781119471509.