A bearingless induction motor (BL-IM) is a new type of motor integrating suspension and rotation functions. Higher requirements are put forward for its suspension performance. Due to the material advantages of a new type of amorphous alloy with high magnetic conductivity, low loss and low coercivity, it is considered to be used in the BL-IM rotor to reduce iron loss and improve the electromagnetic performance of the BL-IM. Finite element analysis software is used to analyze the performance of two different kinds of motors with the rotors made of conventional silicon steel and amorphous alloy respectively. The magnetic field density distribution, torque, speed, and radial force are compared between the two motors. The results show that the speed of amorphous alloy motor increases faster, and the rotor has better suspension characteristics. Moreover, the amorphous alloy material has a smaller density; the material properties can effectively reduce the weight of the motor; it is beneficial to the operation of the BL-IM in special environments.
2. Zhang, W. Y. and H. Q. Zhu, "Radial magnetic bearings: An overview," Results in Physics, Vol. 7, 3756-3766, 2017.
3. Turk, N., N. Bulic, and W. Gruber, "Nonlinear control of a bearingless flux-switching slice motor with combined winding system," IEEE-Asme Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 25, No. 1, 152-163, 2020.
4. Sun, X. D., et al., "Grey wolf optimization algorithm based state feedback control for a bearingless permanent magnet synchronous machine," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 12, 13631-13640, 2020.
5. Wang, H. J. and F. X. Li, "Design consideration and characteristic investigation of modular permanent magnet bearingless switched reluctance motor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 67, No. 6, 4326-4337, 2020.
6. Yang, Z. B., et al., "Study on active disturbance rejection control of a bearingless induction motor based on an improved particle swarm optimization-genetic algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, Vol. 7, No. 2, 694-705, 2021.
7. Bu, W. S., et al., "Adaptive feedforward vibration compensation control strategy of bearingless induction motor," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol. 63, No. 2, 199-215, 2020.
8. Yang, Z. B., et al., "An improved dynamic model for bearingless induction motor considering rotor eccentricity and load change," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, doi: 10.1109, 2021.
9. Chen, J. H., et al., "Optimal design of the bearingless induction motor," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 57, No. 2, 1375-1388, 2020.
10. Chiba, A. and J. Asama, "Influence of rotor skew in induction type bearingless motor," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 48, No. 11, 4646-4649, 2012.
11. Xu, X. P., et al., "Analytical methods for the radial electromagnetic vibration of stator in permanent magnet motors with an amorphous alloy core," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, doi: 10.1016, 2020.
12. Li, Z. Z., et al., "Highly ductile and ultra-thick p-doped FeSiB amorphous alloys with excellent soft magnetic properties," Materials, doi: 10.3390, 2018.
13. Ou, J., et al., "Experimental study of the amorphous magnetic material for high-speed sleeve-free PM rotor application," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 67, No. 6, 4422-4432, 2020.
14. Azuma, D., N. Ito, and M. Ohta, "Recent progress in Fe-based amorphous and nanocrystalline soft magnetic materials," Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, doi: 10.1016, 2020.
15. Liu, D. S., et al., "Magnetic properties and vibration characteristics of amorphous alloy strip and its combination," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 13, No. 10, 1589-1597, 2019.
16. Qiao, J., et al., "Compact review of laser welding technologies for amorphous alloys," Metals, doi: 10.3390, 2020.
17. Tang, R. Y., W. M. Tong, and X. Y. Han, "Overview on amorphous alloy electrical machines and their key technologies," Chinese Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1, 1-12, 2016.
18. Sun, X. D., et al., "High-performance control for a bearingless permanent-magnet synchronous motor using neural network inverse scheme plus internal model controllers," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 6, 3479-3488, 2016.
19. Chen, J. H., et al., "Optimal design of the bearingless induction motor for industrial applications," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 57, No. 2, 1375-1388, 2021.
20. Chen, Y. P., W. S. Bu, and Y. K. Qiao, "Research on the speed sliding mode observation method of a bearingless induction motor," Energies, doi: 10.3390, 2021.
21. Yang, Z. B., et al., "Active disturbance rejection control for bearingless induction motor based on hyperbolic tangent tracking differentiator," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 3, 2623-2633, 2020.
22. Wang, Y. C., et al., "Magnetic influence of alloying elements in Fe-rich amorphous alloys studied by ab initio molecular dynamics simulations," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 51, No. 11, 1-4, 2015.
23. Chai, F., et al., "Effect of cutting and slot opening on amorphous alloy core for high-speed switched reluctance motor," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 57, No. 2, 1-5, 2021.
24. Ismagilov, F. R., et al., "Design and performance of a high-speed permanent magnet generator with amorphous alloy magnetic core for aerospace applications," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 67, No. 3, 1750-1758, 2020.
25. Gao, L. Y., et al., "Rotor topology optimization of interior permanent magnet synchronous motor with high-strength silicon steel application," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 57, No. 2, 1-6, 2021.
26. Tong, W. M., et al., "Performance comparison between an amorphous metal PMSM and a silicon steel PMSM," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 6, 1-5, 2019.
27. Chen, M., et al., "Design and analysis of a new axial-field magnetic variable gear using pole-changing permanent magnets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 153, 23-32, 2015.
28. Wen, Y., et al., "Modeling and analysis of permanent magnet spherical motors by a multitask gaussian process method and finite element method for output torque," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 68, No. 9, 8540-8549, 2021.
29. Shi, Z., et al., "Robust design optimization of a five-phase PM hub motor for fault-tolerant operation based on taguchi method," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 35, No. 4, 2036-2044, 2020.
30. Najafi, A. and I. Iskender, "Comparison of core loss and magnetic flux distribution in amorphous and silicon steel core transformers," Electrical Engineering, Vol. 100, No. 2, 1125-1131, 2018.
31. Li, L. J., et al., "Design and performance prediction of switched reluctance motor with amorphous cores," Materials Research Innovations, Vol. 19, S328-S332, 2015.