The unique bow-tie shaped pentagonal slit microstrip patch antenna has been particularly developed, manufactured, and tested for defense applications such as gunner training systems. The substrate is made of 3.2 mm thick FR4 material with a dielectric constant of 4.3. With a conductivity of 5.96×107 Siemens/m copper is used as a pentagonal bow tie patch. During the training period of MANPADS, previously wired system is used, and it is replaced by a completely wireless system with a specially designed antenna along with an ultrasonic sensor and processor unit. The innovation of antenna is pentagonal slit created on patch, and it increases fringing effects. It attains 6.523 GHz with a return loss of -22.5 dB, maximum gain of 5.84 dB, and better VSWR of 1.16. CST Microwave Studio 2016 simulates the proposed antenna characteristics such as gain, return loss, radiation pattern, and VSWR.
5. Rahim, M. K. A. and M. Z. A. Abdul Aziz, "Bow-tie microstrip antenna design," IEEE Conference, 2015.
6. Thaher, R. H. and S. N. Alsaidy, "New compact pentagonal microstrip patch antenna for wireless communications applications," American Journal of Electromagnetics and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 6, 53-64, 2015, doi: 10.11648/j.ajea.20150306.13.
7. Geethapalaniappan, S. D., "Comparison of different types of graphene microstrip patch terahertz antennas and performance analysis of penta model on dissimilar substrates," Solid State Technoloy, Vol. 63, No. 6, 2020.
8. Mahalakshmi, N. and A. Thenmozhi, "Design of hexagon shape bow-tie patch antenna for implantable biomedical application,", 235-239, June 2017, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/11100168/56/2, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2017.01.028.
9. Anusha, N., M. Sujatha, V. Srikanth, R. S. Kumar, and T. J. V. Varma, "Design and investigation of terahertz antenna using different configurations,", 978-1-5090-5686-6/17/$31.00 c2017 IEEE.
10. Tecpoyotl-Torres, M., J. G. Vera-Dimas, R. Vargas-Bernal, M. Torres-Cisneros, A. Zamudio-Lara, and V. Grimalsky, "Pentagonal microstrip antenna equivalent to a circular microstrip antenna for GPS operation frequency," Programación Matemáticay Software, Vol. 1, No. 2, ISSN: 2007-3283, 2009.
11., Land Target Training System for MANPAD Missile System - Defence Manual.
12., Integrated Air Defense Combat Simulator (IADCS) - Defence Manual.
13. Cho, S. H. and A. P. Chadrakasan, "A 6.5-GHz energy-efficient BFSK modulator for wireless sensor applications," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 39, No. 5, May 2004.
14. Mishra, R., P. Kuchhal, and A. Kumar, "Effect of height of the substrate and width of the patch on the performance characteristics of microstrip antenna," International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 1441-1445, December 2015, DOI: 10.11591/ijece.v5i6.
15., Integrated Air Defence Combat Simulator (IADCS) Manual, zen-iadcs-integrated-air-defence-combat-simulator-brochure.pdf.
16. Deshmukh, K. P. and S. S. Mahavidyalaya, "Wireless transceiver module HC-12 based automatic water-level monitoring and control system," International Research Journal on Advanced Science Hub (IRJASH), October 2020, https://rspsciencehub.com/article_1403_9ec1f309fb63126b7131a4cea726597c.pdf. doi:10.14429/dsj.68.11827
17. Kumar, A. and S. Raghavan, "Bandwidth enhancement of substrate integrated waveguide cavity-backed bow-tie-complementary-ring-slot antenna using a shorted-via," Defence Science Journal, Vol. 68, No. 2, 197-202, Mar. 2018, DOI: 10.14429/dsj.68.11827.
18. Awl, H. N., Y. I. Abdulkarim, L. Deng, M. Bakır, F. F. Muhammadsharif, M. Karaaslan, E. Unal, and H. Luo, "Bandwidth improvement in bow-tie microstrip antennas: The effect of substrate type and design dimensions," Appl. Sci., 10,504, 2020, doi: 10.3390/app10020504.
19. Ojaroudiparchin, N., M. Shen, and G. F. Pedersen, "Beam-steerable microstrip-fed bow-tie antenna array for fifth generation cellular communications," IEEE Xplore 2016 10th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2017.0421
20. Behera, D., B. Dwivedy, D. Mishra, and S. K. Behera, "Design of a CPW fed compact bow-tie microstrip antenna with versatile frequency tenability," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 12, No. 6, 841-849, 2018.
21. Kilaru, V. N. R., R. J. Hadi, H. Abufanas, C. Sandhagen, and A. Bangert, "Design of a dual-band bow-tie slot antenna with two feeds for radiometric medical applications," IEEE Explore-2018 Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Engineering Systems (SPACES), 2018.
22. Chau, Y.-F. C., C.-T. C. Chao, J.-Y. Rao, H.-P. Chiang, C. M. Lim, R. C. Lim, and N. Y. Voo, "Tunable optical performances on a periodic array of plasmonic bowtie nanoantennas with hollow cavities," Nanoscale Research Letters, Vol. 11, No. 411, 2016, DOI: 10.1186/s11671-016-1636-x. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0169033
23. Shafiei, N. M., M. Moghavvemi, and W. N. L. W. Mahadi, "The parametric study and fine-tuning of bow-tie slot antenna with loaded stub," PLoS One, Vol. 12, No. 1, e0169033, Jan. 23, 2017, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0169033, eCollection 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2017.2710227
24. Sallam, M. O., S. M. Kandil, V. Volski, G. A. E. Vandenbosch, and E. A. Soliman, "Wideband CPW-fed flexible bow-tie slot antenna for WLAN/WiMax systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 8, Aug. 2017.