This paper presents, time and frequency domain analysis of a compact tri-band notched UWB (ultra-wideband) antenna with integrated Bluetooth frequency for wireless applications. Modifications in radiating element and DGS techniques are used to achieve high impedance bandwidth. The antenna operates at UWB frequency band 3.1-10.6 GHz as well as bluetooth frequency 2.4 GHz. The band notch characteristics are at Wi-MAX (3.3-3.7 GHz), WLAN (5-6 GHz), X-Band Satellite communication (7.1-7.76 GHz). These notches are obtained by etching different slots in ground plane and in radiating element. Gain, group delay, pulse transmission and radiation patterns of the proposed antenna are also investigated. A prototype of antenna is fabricated and reflection coefficient is measured. A comparison has been made between proposed antenna and previously published UWB antennas.
1. Weng, Y. F., S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Design of multiple band-notch using meander lines for compact ultra-wide band antennas," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 6, No. 8, 908-914, 2012. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2011.0572
2. Kumar, S., R. D. Gupta, and M. Parihar, "Multiple band notched filter using C-shaped and E-shaped resonator for UWB applications," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 26, No. 5, 340-342, 2016. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2016.2549700
3. Ghosh, A., T. Mandal, and S. Das, "Design and analysis of triple notch ultrawideband antenna using single slotted electromagnetic bandgap inspired structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 11, 1391-1405, 2019. doi:10.1080/09205071.2019.1609377
4. Abbas, S. M., Y. Ranga, A. K. Verma, and K. P. Esselle, "A simple ultra wideband printed monopole antenna with high band rejection and wide radiation patterns," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 9, 4816-4820, 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2014.2330585
5. Hong, C. Y., C. W. Ling, I. Y. Tarn, and S. J. Chung, "Design of a planar ultrawideband antenna with a new band-notch structure," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 12, 3391-3397, 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.910486
6. Ahmadi, B. and R. Faraji-Dana, "A miniaturised monopole antenna for ultra-wide band applications with band-notch filter," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 3, No. 8, 1224-1231, 2009. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2008.0323
7. Azim, R., M. T. Islam, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Dual band-notch UWB antenna with single tri-arm resonator," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 670-673, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2314486
8. Bong, H.-U., N. Hussain, S.-Y. Rhee, S.-K. Gil, and N. Kim, "Design of an UWB antenna with two slits for 5G/WLAN-notched bands," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., 1-6, 2019.
9. Kim, J., C. S. Cho, and J. W. Lee, "5.2 GHz notched ultra-wideband antenna using slot-type SRR," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 6, 315-316, 2006. doi:10.1049/el:20063713
10. Rahman, M., M. Nagshvarian Jahromi, S. S. Mirjavadi, and A. M. Hamouda, "Compact UWB band-notched antenna with integrated bluetooth for personal wireless communication and UWB applications," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 2, 158, 2019. doi:10.3390/electronics8020158
11. Bahri, I. S., Z. Zakaria, N. A. Shairi, and N. Edward, "A novel UWB reconfigurable filtering antenna design with triple band-notched characteristics by using U-shaped coppers," International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Systems (IJEECS), Vol. 14, No. 1, 267-275, 2019.
12. Vendik, I. B., A. Rusakov, K. Kanjanasit, J. Hong, and D. Filonov, "Ultrawideband (UWB) planar antenna with single-, dual-, and triple-band notched characteristic based on electric ring resonator," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1597-1600, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2017.2652978
13. Elhabchi, M., M. N. Srifi, and R. Touahni, "A tri-band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using DGS and semi arc-shaped slot for WIMAX/WLAN/X-band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 70, 7-14, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL17050813
14. Cui, L., H. Liu, C. Hao, and X. Sun, "A novel UWB antenna with triple band-notches for WiMAX and WLAN," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 82, 101-106, 2019. doi:10.2528/PIERL19011005
15. Peng, H., Y. Luo, and Z.-X. Shi, "Triple band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using triple-mode resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 57, 117-125, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERC15040703
16. Pan, S., G. Luo, B. Ke, and K. Li, "A planar UWB antenna with triple-notched bands using triple-mode stepped impedance resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 55, 45-52, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERL15050403
17. Yadav, S., A. K. Gautam, and B. K. Kanaujia, "Design of band-rejected UWB planar antenna with integrated Bluetooth band," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 14, 1528-1533, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2016.0118
18. Malik, J., A. Patnaik, and M. V. Kartikeyan, Compact Antennas for High Data Rate Communication, Springer, 2018. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-63175-2