Based on the principle of bionics, this paper combines the design of flexible bionic antenna with Chinese culture, and proposes a dual-material bionic antenna with Electromagnetic Band Gap(EBG) structure. The antenna uses a polyimide flexible substrate. Radiation patch of this antenna is shaped like a ``pear flower'', and the ``CHINA'' shaped slot is etched on the ground to form a Logo mark. In order to reduce the impact of antenna radiation on human body, the introduction of an EBG structure made of Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) material makes the front-to-back ratio of the antenna radiation significantly increased. The antenna was bent in different ways and was placed on human body model for simulation and testing. The results showed that the antenna achieved an impedance bandwidth of 18.8% (2.22-2.46 GHz), the peak gain was 4.02 dBi, and the antenna was low sensitive to deformation, which makes it suitable for modern flexible electronic equipment.
2. Xue, J., Y. Liu, W. Wang, and H. Liu, "A novel broadband bionic Yagi-Uda antenna with low radar cross section," International Radar Conference, IET, 2013.
3. Kim, S., Y. J. Ren, H. Lee, A. Rida, S. Nikolaou, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Monopole antenna with inkjet-printed EBG array on paper substrate for wearable applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 663-666, 2012.
4. Khaleel, H. R., H. M. Al-Rizzo, D. G. Rucker, and S. Mohan, "A compact polyimide-based UWB antenna for flexible electronics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 564-567, 2012.
5. Abbasi, Q. H., M. U. Rehman, X. D. Yang, A. Alomainy, K. Qaraqe, and E. Serpedin, "Ultrawideband band-notched flexible antenna for wearable applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1606-1609, 2014.
6. Sundarsingh, E. F., S. Velan, M. Kanagasabai, A. K. Sarma, C. Raviteja, and M. G. N. Alsath, "Polygon-shaped slotted dual-band antenna for wearable applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 611-614, 2014.
7. Upadhyaya, T., A. Desai, R. Patel, U. Patel, and K. Pandya, "Compact transparent conductive oxide based dual band antenna for wireless applications," 2017 Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium - Fall (PIERS - FALL), 41-45, Singapore, Nov. 19-22, 2017.
8. Desai, A., C. D. Bui, J. Patel, T. Upadhyaya, G. Byun, and T. K. Nguyen, "Compact wideband four element optically transparent MIMO antenna for mm-Wave 5G applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 194206-194217, 2020.
9. Tak, J. and J. Choi, "An all-textile Louis Vuitton logo antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1211-1214, 2015.
10. Monti, G., L. Corchia, and L. Tarricone, "Logo antenna on textile materials," 44th European Microwave Conference (EuMC), IEEE, 2014.
11. Rafiee, M. and M. R. Kamarudin, "UTM-logo wideband printed monopole antenna surrounded with circular ring patch," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 15, 157-164, 2010.
12. Velan, S., E. F. Sundarsingh, M. Kanagasabai, A. K. Sarma, C. Raviteja, R. Sivasamy, and J. K. Pakkathillam, "Dual-band EBG integrated monopole antenna deploying fractal geometry for wearable applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, No. 1, 249-252, 2015.
13. Liu, X. Y., Y. H. Di, H. Liu, Z. T. Wu, and M. M. Tentzeris, "A planar windmill-like broadband antenna equipped with artificial magnetic conductor for off-body communications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 64-67, 2015.
14. Abbasi, M., S. S. Nikolaou, M. A. Antoniades, M. Nikolic, and P. Vryonides, "Compact EBG-backed planar monopole for BAN wearable applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 2, 453-463, 2017.
15. Hu, B., G. Gao, L. He, X. D. Cong, and J. N. Zhao, "Bending and on-arm effects on a wearable antenna for 2.45 GHz body area network," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 378-381, 2016.