Beam Collection Efficiency (BCE), sidelobe level outside the receiving area (CSL), and cost are need to be considered in optimizing the transmitting array of a Microwave Wireless Power Transmission (MWPT) system. To solve the problem of too low BCE caused by dividing a small number of subarrays, this paper proposes a novel one-step subarray partition algorithm named Multi-Particle Multi-Parameter Dynamic Weight Particle Swarm Optimization Subarray Partition (MPMP-DWPSO-SP). The algorithm optimizes the position and structure of each element at the same time, and the number of the subarrays is no more than 4. It is verified by simulation that the BCE obtained by using this algorithm to optimize the Sparse Quadrant Symmetrical Rectangular Array (SQSRA) with an aperture of 4.5λ×4.5λ and the array element number of 8×8 can reach more than 90%. In addition, a new intelligent optimization model is designed for dividing the 8×8 array into 2 subarrays, and BCE and CSL can reach 91.69% and -17.61 dB.
1. Lu, F., et al., "A high-efficiency and long-distance power-relay system with equal power distribution," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1419-1427, 2020.
2. Li, Y. and V. Jandhyala, "Design of retrodirective antenna arrays for short-range wireless power transmission," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 1, 206-211, 2012.
3. Massa, A., G. Oliveri, F. Viani, and P. Rocca, "Array designs for long-distance wireless power transmission: State-of-the-art and innovative solutions," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 101, No. 6, 1464-1481, 2013.
4. Li, X., et al., "A new concept of space solar power satellite," Acta Astronaut, Vol. 136, 182-189, 2017.
5. Li, X., et al., "Performance of planar arrays for microwave power transmission with position errors," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1794-1797, 2015.
6. Xiong, Z., et al., "Subarray partition in array antenna based on the algorithm X," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, No. 12, 906-909, 2013.
7. Liu, X., X. Zhang, and H. Yan, "Research of subarray partition in optically phased array radar," Applied Science & Technology, 2006.
8. Li, X., B. Duan, and L. Song, "Design of clustered planar arrays for microwave wireless power transmission," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 1, 606-611, 2019.
9. Li, J. and S. Chang, "Novel sparse planar array synthesis model for microwave power transmission systems with high efficiency and low cost," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 115, 245-249, 2021.
10. Li, J., J. Pan, and X. Li, "A novel synthesis method of sparse nonuniform-amplitude concentric ring arrays for microwave power transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 107, 1-15, 2021.
11. Haupt, R. L., "Optimized element spacing for low sidelobe concentric ring arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 1, 266-268, 2008.
12. Oliveri, G., L. Poli, and A. Massa, "Maximum efficiency beam synthesis of radiating planar arrays for wireless power transmission," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 5, 2490-2499, 2013.
13. Li, X., et al., "Planar array synthesis for optimal microwave power transmission with multiple constraints," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 70-73, 2017.
14. Poli, R., J. Kennedy, and T. Blackwell, "Particle swarm optimization," Swarm Intelligence, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2007.
15. Miao, A., et al., "A modified particle swarm optimizer with dynamical inertia weight," Fuzzy Information and Engineering Volume 2. Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Vol. 62, 767-776, 2009.
16. Clerc, M. and J. Kennedy, "The particle swarm-explosion, stability, and convergence in a multidimensional complex space," IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 6, No. 1, 58-73, 2002.