This paper studies the optimal design of a double-sided linear flux switching permanent magnet motor (DLFSPM) to improve the average thrust generated by motor operation and reduce the fluctuation range of thrust applying the Response surface methodology (RSM) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO). An analytical mathematical model of the electromagnetic thrust force of the DLFSPMs is developed. The functional model of the optimization parameters and objectives based on the RSM is constructed. The finite element analysis (FEA) is used to carry out numerical experiments on the geometric structure design variables. PSO is applied to an optimization tool for optimizing the DLFSPMs' mover structure parameters. Finally, the FEA comparison and analysis of the optimization results with the initial results reveal a significant improvement in the electromagnetic characteristics of the DLFSPMs. The feasibility and effectiveness of the optimization method are verified by the FEA results.
2. Kwon, Y. and W. Kim, "Electromagnetic analysis and steady-state performance of double-sided flat linear motor using soft magnetic composite," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 3, 2178-2187, March 2017.
3. Lu, M. and R. Cao, "A novel double-sided high temperature superconducting linear modular flux-switching motor," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 31, No. 5, 1-10, August 2021.
4. Cao, R., M. Cheng, C. C. Mi, and W. Hua, "Influence of leading design parameters on the force performance of a complementary and modular linear flux-switching permanent-magnet motor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 5, 2165-2175, May 2014.
5. Zhao, W., M. Cheng, J. Ji, R. Cao, Y. Du, and F. Li, "Design and analysis of a new fault-tolerant linear permanent-magnet motor for maglev transportation applications," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 22, No. 3, 5200204-5200204, June 2012.
6. Wu, J., X. Zhu, Z. Xiang, L. Xu, M. Jiang, and W. Pu, "Electromagnetic performance prediction of a double-rotor flux-switching motor based on general air-gap equivalent algorithms model," 2019 22nd International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-6, Harbin, China, 2019.
7. Wang, X., J. Wu, R. Luo, and J. Li, "Design optimization of thrust density for permanent magnet linear motor based on genetic algorithm," 2018 IEEE 4th Information Technology and Mechatronics Engineering Conference (ITOEC), 1192-1198, Chongqing, China, 2018.
8. Sun, X., Z. Shi, and J. Zhu, "Multiobjective design optimization of an IPMSM for EVs based on fuzzy method and sequential taguchi method," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 68, No. 11, 10592-10600, November 2021.
9. Sun, X., Z. Shi, G. Lei, Y. Guo, and J. Zhu, "Multi-objective design optimization of an IPMSM based on multilevel strategy," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 68, No. 1, 139-148, January 2021.
10. Shi, Z., X. Sun, Y. Cai, and Z. Yang, "Robust design optimization of a five-phase PM hub motor for fault-tolerant operation based on taguchi method," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 35, No. 4, 2036-2044, December 2020.
11. Pan, Z. and S. Fang, "Combined random forest and NSGA-II for optimal design of permanent magnet arc motor," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 2021.
12. Liu, Q., et al., "Cogging force reduction of double-sided linear flux-switching permanent magnet machine for direct drives," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 5, 2275-2278, May 2013.
13. Cheng, M., P. Han, and W. Hua, "General airgap field modulation theory for electrical machines," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 8, 6063-6074, August 2017.
14. Aun, T., N. M. Salleh, U. F. M. Ali, and N. S. A. Manan, "Optimization of a Cu-O-based sensor for the detection of glucose using a central composite design," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 20, No. 20, 12109-12116, October 15, 2020.
15. Chan, K. S., S. J. Greaves, and S. Rahardja, "Techniques for addressing saddle points in the Response Surface Methodology (RSM)," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 85613-85621, 2019.
16. Kennedy, J. and R. Eberhart, "Particle swarm optimization," Proceedings of ICNN'95 - International Conference on Neural Networks, Vol. 4, 1942-1948, Perth, WA, Australia, 1995.
17. Tang, G., J. Sheng, D. Wang, and S. Men, "Continuous estimation of human upper limb joint angles by using PSO-LSTM model," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 17986-17997, 2021.