In this paper, a new coplanar waveguide (CPW) fed ultra-wideband (UWB) planar monopole antenna with dual band-reject characteristics is proposed. Two resonators of different lengths are employed at the bottom layer to create two notches at the frequency of interest. The proposed fabricated antenna works from 2.8 to 11.34 GHz with two notched bands which cover the WLAN (5.725-5.825 GHz) and ITU (8.025-8.4 GHz) bands. The proposed antenna is fabricated and measured for verification purposes. Good agreement between the measurement and simulation is found.
2. Wu, Z.-H., F. W., X.-W. Shi, and W.-T. Li, "A compact quad band-notched UWB monopole antenna loaded one lateral L-shaped slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 303-315, 2013.
3. Lee, D. H., H. Y. Yang, and Y.-K. Cho, "Ultra-wideband tapered slot antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IET Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 8, No. 1, 29-38, 2014.
4. Trad, I. B., J. M. Floch, H. Rmili, L. Laadhar, and M. Drissi, "Planar elliptic broadband antenna with wide range reconfigurable narrow notched bands for multi-standard wireless communication devices," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 145, 69-80, 2014.
5. Peng, L. and C.-L. Ruan, "UWB band-notched monopole antenna design using electromagnetic-bandgap structures," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 4, 1074-1081, 2011.
6. Nouri, A. and G. R. Dadashzadeh, "A compact UWB band-notched printed monopole antenna with defected ground structure," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1178-1184, 2011.
7. Satyanarayana, B. and S. Mulgi, "Design of planar band-notched monopole antenna for 2.4 GHz WLAN and UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, 249-2501, 201.
8. Zhang, Y.-P. and C.-M. Li, "Design of small dual band-notched UWB slot antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 22, 1727-1728, 2015.
9. Chen, L., Y.-F. Liu, and P.-C.Wu, "Design of compact asymmetric coplanar strip-fed UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 47, 103-109, 2014.
10. Kalteh, A. A., G. R. Dadash Zadeh, M. Naser-Moghadasi, and B. S. Virdee, "Ultra-wideband circular slot antenna with reconfigurable notch band function," IET Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 6, No. 1, 108-112, 2012.
11. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications Theory Analys and Design, 1st Ed., Wiley & Sons, New York, 2001.
12. CST Microwave Studio, ver. 2015, , Computer Simulation Technology AG, Japan, AET, 2015.