A triple-band omni-directional antenna which comprises three pairs of dipoles placed back to back and printed on a dielectric substrate is presented. A prototype is constructed and tested. The experimental results show that the 10 dB return loss bandwidth (VSWR < 2.0) in 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz and 5.8 GHz reaches as much as 130 MHz, 500MHz and 200 MHz, respectively. Moreover, the radiation patterns are almost omni-directional in the azimuthal plane. Peak antenna gain is 1.63 dBi, 2.36 dBi and 1.54 dBi, which indicate that the proposed antenna can be used as a triple-band antenna for the WLAN application.
2. Liu, W. C., "Broadband dual-frequency meandered CPW-fed monopole antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 40, 1319-1320, 2004.
3. Yoon, J. H., "Fabrication and measurement of rectangular ring with opened CPW-fed monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2-GHz WLAN operation," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, 1480-1483, 2006.
4. Raj, R. K., M. Joseph, B. Paul, and P. Mohanan, "Compact planar multiband antenna for GPS, DCS, 2.4/5.8 GHz WLAN applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, 290-291, 2005.
5. Li, J. Y., J. L. Guo, Y. B. Gan, and Q. Z. Liu, "The tri-band performance of sleeve dipole antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 2081-2092, 2005.
6. Shams, K. M. Z., M. Ali, and H. S. Hwang, "A planar inductively coupled bow-tie slot antenna for WLAN application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 861-871, 2006.
7. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Square slot antenna for dual wideband wireless communication systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 1571-1581, 2005.
8. Chen, H. D. and H. T. Chen, "A CPW-fed dual-frequency monopole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, 978-982, 2004.
9. Liu, W. C. and C. M. Wu, "Broadband dual-frequency CPW-fed planar monopole antenna with rectangular notch," Electron. Lett., Vol. 40, 642-643, 2004.
10. Sze, J. Y., C. I. G. Hsu, and J. J. Jiao, "CPW-fed circular slot antenna with slit back-patch for 2.4/5 GHz dual-band operation," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, 563-564, 2006.
11. Mitilineos, S. A., S. C. Thomopoulos, and C. Capsalis, "Genetic design of dual-band, oefficients," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 1925-1942, 2006.
12. Chen, Y.-B., Y.-C. Jiao, F.-S. Zhang, and H. Gao, "A novel small CPW-fed T-shaped antenna for mimoswitched-beam dipole arrays, with elements failure correction, retaining constant excitation c system applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2027-2036, 2006.
13. Rezaei, P., M. Hakkak, and K. Forooraghi, "Design of wideband dielectric resonator antenna with a two-segment structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 111-124, 2006.
14. Khaleghi, A., "Diversity techniques with parallel dipole antennas: radiation pattern analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 23-42, 2006.
15. Abdelaziz, A. A., "Bandwidth enhansment of microstrip antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 311-317, 2006.