The symmetric and asymmetric double Langmuir probe systems with their necessary driving circuits are developed for characterization of low pressure inductively coupled nitrogen plasma, generated and sustained with 13.56 MHz RF source and an automatic impedance matching network. First of all the plasma parameters such as ion saturation current, electron temperature and electron number density are determined with symmetric double probe system at different input RF powers, filling gas pressures and radial distance from the plasma chamber wall. Then the electron temperature and electron energy probability function are determined with asymmetric double probe system at the centre of the discharge plasma chamber by changing the filling gas pressure and input RF power. It is observed that the electron temperature and electron number density increase with the increase in input RF power and radial distance but decreases with the increase in filling gas pressure. The electron energy probability function determined with asymmetric probe system evidently deviates from the Maxwellian, particularly at low filling gas pressures.
2. Jain, R. and M. V. Kartikeyan, "Design of a 60 GHz, 100kW CW gyrotron for plasma diagnostics: GDS-V.01 simulations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 379-399, 2010.
3. Singh, S. B., N. Chand, and D. S. Patil, "Langmuir probe diagnostics of microwave electron cyclotron resonance (ECR) plasma," Elsevier, Vol. 83, 372-377, 2009.
4. Ling, Y.-M., "Probe diagnosis of electron temperature and electron energy distribution in low-pressure dielectric discharge," Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 12, 113504, 2005.
5. Pandey, R. S. and R. P. Pandey, "Cold plasma injection on VLF wave mode for relativistic magnetoplasma with A.C. electric field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 2, 217-232, 2008.
6. Manory, R. R., U. Carmi, R. Avni, and A. Grill, "A comparative study of silicon deposition from SiCl4 in cold plasma using argon, H2 or Ar + H2," Thin Solid Films, Vol. 156, 1988.
7. Pandey, R. S. and D. K. Singh, "Study of electromagnetic ion-cyclotron instability in a magnetoplasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 14, 147-161, 2010.
8. Sha, W. E. I. and W. C. Chew, "High frequency scattering by an impenetrable sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 291-325, 2009.
9. Costa, E. M. M., "Parasitic capacitances on planar coil," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17--18, 2339-2350, 2009.
10. Wen, S. and L. Zhu, "Numerical synthesis design of coupled resonator filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 333-346, 2009.
11. Jian, L. and K. T. Chau, "Analytical calculation of magnetic field distribution in coaxial magnetic gears," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 1-16, 2009.
12. Shiri, A. and A. Shoulaie, "A new methodology for magnetic force calculations between planar spiral coils," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 39-57, 2009.
13. Wu, H. W. and R. Y. Yang, "Design of a triple-passband microstrip bandpass filter with compact size," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 17--18, 2333-2341, 2010.
14. Pandey, R. S., "Gradient effect on kelvin helmholtz instability in the presence of inhomogeneous d.c. electric field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 11, 39-53, 2009.
15. Ibrahiem, A., C. Dale, W. Tabbara, and J. Wiart, "Analysis of the temperature increase linked to the power induced by RF source," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 23-46, 2005.
16. Rossnagel, S. M., R. J. Cuomo, and W. D. Westwood, Handbood of plasma processing technology, Noyes Publications, Park Ridge, NJ, 1910.
17. Yong-ik, S., H. B. Lim, and R. S. Houk, "Diagnostic studies of low-pressure inductively coupled plasma in argon using a double Langmuir probe," J. Anal. At. Spectrom., Vol. 17, 565-569, 2002.
18. Pu, Y. K., Z. G. Guo, A. U. Rehman, and Z. D. Yu, "Tuning effect of inert gas mixing on electron energy distribution function in inductively coupled discharges," Ma. J. Plasma Phys. and Control. Fusion, Vol. 48, 2006.
19. Khan, F. U., N. U. Rehman, S. Naseer, M. A. Naveed, A. Qayyum, N. A. D. Khattak, and M. Zakaullah, "Diagnostic of 13.56MHz RF sustained Ar-N2 plasma by optical emission spectroscopy," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 45, 11002, 2009.
20. Yin, Q., L. S. Wu, L. Zhou, and W. Y. Yin, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter using asymmetrical dual stub-loaded open loops," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 17--18, 2397-2406, 2010.
21. Husarik, J., M. Siry, and M. Kando, "Double probe characteristics in high-energy electron flux pressure," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 47, 7334-7338, 2008.
22. Xia, Q., Z. X. Tang, and B. Zhang, "A Ku-band push-push dielectric resonator oscillator," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 14--15, 1859-1866, 2010.