An efficient and accurate method to the problem of planewave scattering from periodic arrays of two circular-cylinders per unit cell is presented. The scattered fields are calculated using the lattice sums characterizing a periodic arrangement of scatterers and the aggregate T-matrix for the isolated two-cylinders system in free space. The cylinders may be of dielectric, perfect conductor, or their mixture with different dimensions. The numerical examples for the resonant scattering are presented with an emphasis on the application to the polarization-dependent or polarization independent narrow-band filters.
2. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1990.
3. Roussel, H., W. C. Chew, F. Jouvie, and W. Tabbara, "Electromagnetic scattering from dielectric and magnetic gratings of fibers — a T-matrix solution," JEWA, Vol. 10, No. 1, 109-127, January 1996.
4. Nicorovici, N. A. and R. C. McPhedran, "Lattice sums for offaxis electromagnetic scattering by gratings," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 50, No. 4, 3143-3160, October 1994.
5. Yasumoto, K. and K. Yoshitomi, "Efficient calculation of lattice sums for freespace periodic Green’s function," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 47, No. 6, 1050-1055, June 1999.
6. Peng, S. and G. M. Morris, "Resonant scattering from twodimensional gratings," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 13, No. 5, 993-1005, May 1996.