A compact dual-mode filter is proposed by using rectangle structure. The filter has the characteristics of compact structure,lo w insertion loss and so on. Several attenuation poles in the stopband are realized to improve the selectivity of the proposed bandpass filter. The experimented results were in good agreement with simulated results.
2. Dai, X.-W., C.-H. Liang, B. Wu, and J. Fan, "Novel dual-band bandpass filter design using microstrip open-loop resonators," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2, 219-225, 2008.
3. Gil, M., J. Bonache, J. Selga, J. Garcia-Garcia, and F. Martin, "High-pass filters implemented by composite right/left handed (CRLH) transmission lines based on complementary split rings resonators (CSRRs)," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 3, 251-253, 2007.
4. Chen, Z.-X., X.-W. Dai, and C.-H. Liang, "Novel dual-mode dualband bandpass filter using double square-loop structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 409-416, 2007.
5. Tu, W.-H. and K. Chang, "Miniaturized dual-mode bandpass filter with harmonic control," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 12, 2005.
6. Hong, J. S., "Couplings of microstrip square open-loop resonators for cross-coupled planar microwave filters," IEEE Transaction Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, No. 12, 1996.
7. Chen, J.-X. and T. Y. Yum, "Dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter using stacked-loop structure," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 16, No. 9, 2006.
8. Hong, J.-S. and S. Z. Li, "Dual-mode microstip triangular patch resonators and filters," 2003 IEEE MTT-S Digest, 1901-1904, 2003.
9. Cameron, R. J., "Fast generation of Chebyshev filter prototype with asymmertrically-prescribed transmission zeros," ESA J., Vol. 6, 83-95, 1982.
10. Wang, J., Y.-X. Guo, B.-Z. Wang, L. C. Ong, and S. Xiao, "High-selectivity dual-band stepped-impedance bandpass filter," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 9, 538-540, 2006.
11. Sun, S. and L. Zhu, "Novel design of dual-band microstrip bandpass filters with good in-between isolation," IEEE. APMC 2005, Suozhou, 2005.
12. Tsai, L.-C. and C.-W. Hsue, "Dual-band bandpass filters using equallength coupled-serial-shunted lines and Z-transform techniques," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1111-1117, 2004.
13. Xiao, J.-K. and Y. Li, "Novel compact microstrip square ring bandpass filters," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1817-1826, 2006.
14. Chen, Y.-W., Y.-J. Liu, and M.-H. Ho, "The quasi-elliptic bandpass filter using quarter-wavelength stepped impedance resonators," PIERS Online, Vol. 2, No. 6, 605-608, 2006.
15. Lugo, C. and J. Papapolymerou, "Bandpass filter design using a microstrip triangular loop resonator with dual-mode operation," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Comopnents Letters, Vol. 15, No. 7, 2005.
16. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, John wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
17. Zhao, L.-P., X.-W. Dai, Z.-X. Chen, and C.-H. Liang, "Novel design of dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter with triangular resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 417-424, 2007.
18. Kazerooni, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Simulation, analysis, design and applications of array defected microstrip structure (ASMS) filters using rigorously coupled multi-strip (RCMS) method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 193-207, 2006.
19. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Microwave filters using waveguides filled by multi-layer dielectric," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 105-110, 2006.
20. Wang, Y. X., B.-Z. Wang, and J. Wang, "A compact squareloop dual-mode bandpass filter with wide stopband," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 67-73, 2007.
21. Xiao, J.-K. and Q.-X. Chu, "Novel microstrip triangular resonator bandpass filter with transmission zeros and wide bands using fractal-shaped deffection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 343-356, 2007.
22. Velazquez-Ahumada, M. C., J. Martel, and F. Medina, "Microstrip coupled line filters with spurious band suppression," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 6, 2007.
23. Li, C., K. Y. Liu, and F. Li, "A microstrip highpass filter with complementary split ring resonators," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 5, 583-586, 2007.
24. Velazquez-Ahumada, M. C., J. Martel-Villagr, and F. Medina, "Low-pass elliptic filters using mixed microstrip-CPW technologies," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 7, 997-999, 2007.
25. Wu, G.-L., W. Mu, X.-W. Dai, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Design of novel dual-band bandpass filter with microstrip meander-loop resonator and CSRR DGS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 17-24, 2008.
26. Zhu, Y.-Z. and Y.-J. Xie, "Novel microstrip bandpass filters with transmission zeros," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 29-41, 2007.
27. Yildiz, C. and M. Turkmen, "Quasi-static models based on artificial neural neworks for calculating the characteristic parameters of multilayer cylindrical coplanar waveguide and strip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 1-22, 2008.
28. Abdalla, M. A. and Z. Hu, "On the study of left-handed coplanar waveguide coupler on Ferrite substrate," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 69-75, 2008.
29. Zhao, L.-P., C.-H. Liang, G. Li, and X.-W. Dai, "Novel design of dual-mode bandpass filter with triangular structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 923-932, 2008.