A method to diagnose on-off faults in a planar antenna arrays using far field radiation pattern is presented. A systematic approach is suggested for detecting location of faulty elements using Artificial Neural Networks (ANN). Radial Basis Function neural network (RBF) and Probabilistic neural network (PNN) are considered for performance comparison.
2. Ronen, J. and R. H. Clarke, "Monitoring techniques for phased array antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, No. 12, 1313-1327, Dec. 1985.
3. Bucci, O. M., A. Capozzoli, and G. D'Elia, "Diagnosis of array faults from far field amplitude --- Only data," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 5, 647-652, May 2000.
4. Rodriguez, J. A., F. Ares, H. Palacios, and J. Vassal'lo, "Finding defective elements in planar arrays using genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 29, 25-37, 2000.
5. Sarma, N. V. S. N. and D. Vakula, Single fault detection of an array using neural networks, Antenna Measurement Techniques Association Meeting & Symposium (AMTA-2004), 337-339, Stone Mountain GA, USA, Oct. 17-22, 2004.
6. Vakula, D. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, "A generalized method to diagnose faults in antenna arrays using neural networks," Antenna Measurement Techniques Association Meeting & Symposium (AMTA-2006), 290-292, Austin, Texas, USA, Oct. 22-27, 2006.
7. Vakula, D. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, Neural network approach to detect multiple faults in antenna arrays, Antenna Measurement Techniques Association Meeting & Symposium (AMTA-2007), St.Lious, USA, Nov. 4-9, 2007.
8. Vakula, D. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, "Fault diagnosis of planar antenna array using neural networks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 6, 35-46, 2009.
9. Elliott, R. S., Antenna Theory and Design, Revised Ed., Wiley Interscience, 2003.
10. Haykin, S., "Neural Networks: A Comprehensive Foundation," Prentice Hall, 1999.