This work demonstrates that the well-known box configuration comprising four inverter-coupled resonators is capable of realizing a dual-band filter characteristic. A dual-band filter is designed at 1 GHz and subsequently implemented as a Combline microstrip filter exhibiting measured frequency characteristics which closely matched the simulations.
2. Chen, C. Y., C. Y. Hsu, and H. R. Chuang, "Design of miniature planar dual-band filter using dual-feeding structures and embedded resonators," IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 16, No. 12, 669-671, Dec. 2006.
3. Quendo, C., A. Manchec, Y. Clavet, E. Rius, J. Favennec, and C. Person, "General synthesis of N-band resonator based on N-order dual behavior resonator," IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 5, 337-339, May 2007.
4. Mokhtaari, M., J. Bornemann, K. Rambabu, and S. Amari, "Coupling-matrix design of dual and triple passband filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3940-3946, Nov. 2006.
5. Sun, S. and L. Zhu, "Compact dual-band microstrip bandpass filter without external feeds," IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 10, 644-646, Oct. 2005.
6. Macchiarella, G. and S. Tamiazzo, "Design technique for dual-passband filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3265-3271, Nov. 2005.
7. Cameron, R. J., A. R. Harish, and C. J. Radcliffe, "Synthesis of advanced microwave filters without diagonal cross-couplings," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 12, 2862-2872, Dec. 2002.
8. Fathelbab, W. M., "Synthesis of Cul-De-Sac filter networks utilizing hybrid couplers," IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 5, 334-336, May 2007.