An infinite homogeneous circular cylinder with full permittivity tensor is excited by a straight strip flowed by arbitrary axial magnetic current. A nontrivial differential equation is derived for the single axial magnetic component which is assigned a plane wave representation. The boundary conditions lead to an integral equation with nonsingular kernel which is solved by supposing a Dirac comb representation for the unknown function. The resultant Green's function multiplied by the current distribution is integrated numerically over the source to give the total field. Various numerical examples are presented and discussed.
2. Mao, G., B. Fidan, and B. D. O. Anderson, "Wireless sensor network localization techniques," Computer Networks, 2006.
3. Dettwiller, L., "General expression of light intensity emerging from a linear anisotropic device using Stokes parameters," Journal of Modern Optics, Vol. 42, No. 4, 841-848, 1995.
4. Andrasic, G., R. Drewett, I. Morrow, and J. R. James, "New anisotropic monopole bandwidth extension concept," IEEE Electronics Letters, Vol. 30, No. 24, 1998-2000, 1994.
5. Grzegorczyk, T. M., X. Chen, J. Pacheco Jr., J. Chen, B.- I. Wu, and J. A. Kong, "Reflection coefficients and Goos-Hanchen shifts in anisotropic and bianisotropic left-handed metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 83-113, 2005.
6. Ren, W., X. B. Wu, Z. Yi, and W. G. Lin, "Properties of wave functions in homogeneous anisotropic media," Physical Review E, Vol. 51, No. 1, 671-679, 1995.
7. Ren, W., "Contributions to the electromagnetic wave theory of bounded homogeneous anisotropic media," Physical Review E, Vol. 47, No. 1, 665-673, 1993.
8. Graglia, R. D. and P. L. E. Uslenghi, "Electromagnetic scattering from anisotropic materials, Part I: General theory," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 32, No. 8, 867-869, 1984.
9. Lindell, V. and F. Olyslager, "Electromagnetic source decomposition in bianisotropic media," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 1, 1-23, 1998.
10. Senior, T. B. A. and E. Topsakal, "Diffraction by an anisotropic impedance half plane — revised solution," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 1-19, 2005.
11. Sjoberg, D., "On uniqueness and continuity for the quasi-linear, bianisotropic Maxwell equations, using an entropy condition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 317-339, 2007.
12. Monzon, J. C., "On a surface integral representation for homogeneous anisotropic regions: two-dimensional case," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 36, No. 10, 1401-1406, 1988.
13. Zhang, M., T. S. Yeo, W. Li, and M. S. Leong, "Electromagnetic scattering by a multilayer gyrotropic bianisotropic circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 40, 91-111, 2003.
14. Hasan, M. A. and P. L. E. Uslenghi, "Electromagnetic scattering from nonlinear anisotropic cylinders—Part I: Fundamental frequency," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 38, No. 4, 523-533, 1990.
15. Uzunoglu, N. K., P. G. Cottis, and J. G. Fikioris, "Excitation of electromagnetic waves in a gyroelectric cylinder," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 38, No. 4, 523-533, 1990.
16. Wu, X. B. and K. Yasumoto, "Three-dimensional scattering by an infinite homogeneous anisotropic circular cylinder: an analytical solution," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 82, No. 5, 1996-2003, 1997.
17. Monzon, J. C., "Three-dimensional scattering by an infinite homogeneous anisotropic circular cylinder: A spectral approach," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 35, No. 6, 670-682, 1987.
18. Lamensdorf, D. and C.-Y. Ting, "An experimental and theoretical study of the monopole embedded in a cylinder of anisotropic dielectric," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 16, No. 3, 342-349, 1968.
19. Bichutskaya, T. I. and G. I. Makarov, "Radiation of the point source from an anisotropic plasma cylinder," Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 44, No. 8, 616-625, 2001.
20. Ren, W. and X. B. Wu, "Application of an eigenfunction representation to the scattering of a plane wave by an anisotropically coated circular cylinder," J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Vol. 28, 1031-1039, 1995.
21. Monzon, J. C. and N. J. Damaskos, "Two-dimensional scattering by a homogeneous anisotropic rod," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 34, No. 10, 1243-1249, 1986.
22. Clemmow, P. C., The Plane Wave Spectrum Representation of Electromagnetic Fields, 3-10, 3-10, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, 1996.
23. Uzunoglu, N. K. and A. R. Holt, "The scattering of electromagnetic radiation from dielectric scatterers," J. Phys. A: Math Gen., Vol. 10, No. 3, 413-424, 1977.
24. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, 364-365, 364-365, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1941.
25. Steocker, H. and J. Harris, Handbook of Mathematics and Computational Science, 350-353, 350-353, Springer, New York, 1998.
26. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Arbitrary currents on circular cylinder with inhomogeneous cladding and RCS optimization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 665-680.
27. Matthew, N. and O. Sadiku, Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics, 293-294, 293-294, CRC Press, New York, 2000.
28. Mainguy, S. and J.-J. Greffet, "A numerical evaluation of Rayleigh's theory applied to scattering by randomly rough dielectric surfaces," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 8, 89-101, 1998.
29. Nesterenko, M. V. and V. A. Katrich, "The asymptotic solution of an integral equation for magnetic current in a problem of waveguide coupling through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 101-129, 2006.
30. Mauch, S., Introduction to Methods of Applied Mathematics, 462-467, 462-467.
31. Abramowitz, M. and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, National Bureau of Standards, Washington DC, 1970.