A new high gain wideband L-probe fed inverted EE-H shaped slotted (LEE-H) microstrip patch antenna is presented in this paper. The design adopts contemporary techniques; L-probe feeding, inverted patch structure with air-filled dielectric, and EE-H shaped patch. The integration of these techniques leads to a new patch antenna with a low profile as well as useful operational features, as the broadband and high gain. The measured result showed satisfactory performance with achievable impedance bandwidth of 21.15% at 10 dB return loss (VSWR ≤ 2) and a maximum gain of 9.5 dBi. The antenna exhibits stable radiation pattern in the entire operating band.
2. Zhang, Y. P. and J. J. Wang, "Theory and analysis of differentially-driven microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, 1092-1099, 2006.
3. Pozar, D. M. and D. H. Schaubert, Microstrip Antennas, the Analysis and Design of Microstrip Antennas and Arrays, IEEE Press, New York, 1995.
4. Wi, S. H., Y. B. Sun, I. S. Song, S. H. Choa, I. S. Koh, Y. S. Lee, and J. G. Yook, "Package-level integrated antennas based on LTCC technology," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 8, 2190-2197, 2006.
5. Kasabegoudar, V. G. and K. J. Vinoy, "A broadband suspended microstrip antenna for circular polarization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 353-368, 2009.
6. Islam, M. T., M. N. Shakib, and N. Misran, "Multi-slotted microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 11-18, 2009.
7. Ansari, J. A. and R. B. Ram, "E shaped patch symmetrically loaded with tunnel diodes for frequency agile/broadband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 29-42, 2008.
8. Ang, B. K. and B. K. Chung, "A wideband E-shaped microstrip patch antenna for 5-6 GHz wireless communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 397-407, 2007.
9. Yang, F., X. Zhang, and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Wide-band E-shaped patch antennas for wireless communications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, No. 7, 1094-1100, 2001.
10. Luk, K. M., C. L. Mak, Y. L. Chow, and K. F. Lee, "Broadband microstrip patch antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 34, No. 15, 1442-1443, 1998.
11. Denidni, D. A., N. Hassaine, and Q. Rao, "Broadband high-gain E-shaped microstrip antennas for high-speed wireless networks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 1, 105-111, 2008.
12. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Square slot antenna for dual wideband wireless communication systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 19, 1571-1581, 2005.
13. Ansari, J. A., P. Singh, S. K. Dubey, R. U. Khan, and B. R. Vishvakarma, "H-shaped stacked patch antenna for dual band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 291-302, 2008.
14. Wu, G.-L., W. Mu, G. Zhao, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A novel design of dual circularly polarized antenna fed by L-strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 39-46, 2008.
15. Khodaei, G. F., J. Nourinia, and C. Ghobadi, "A practical miniaturized U-slot patch antenna with enhanced bandwidth," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 47-62, 2008.