2. Tsang, L. and J. A. Kong, "Microwave remote sensing of a two-layer random medium," IEEE Transactions on Antennas And Propagation, Vol. AP-24, 283-287, 1976.
3. Tsang , L. and J. A. Kong, "Wave theory for microwave remote sensing of a half-space random medium with three-dimensional variation ," Radio Science, Vol. 14, 359-369, 1979.
4. Ishimaru, A., "Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media," Single Scattering and Transport Theory, Vol. 1, 1978.
5. Zuniga, M. A., T. M. Habashy, and andJ. A. Kong, "Active remote sensing of a layered random media," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, No. 4, 296-302, 1979.
6. Zuniga, M. and J. A. Kong, "Active remote sensing of random media," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 51, No. 1, 74-79, 1980.
7. Tsang, L., J. A. Kong, and andR. W. Newton, "Application of Strong Fluctuation random medium theory to scattering of electromagnetic waves from a vegetation-like half space ," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, 62-69, 1981.
8. Tsang, L., J. A. Kong, andR. T. Shin, and , Theory of Microwave Remote Sensing, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1985.
9. Nghiem, S. V., Electromagnetic wave models for polarimetric remote sensing of geophysical media, Ph.D. Thesis, Department of EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA, 1991.
10. McQuarrie, D. A., , Statistical Mechanics, Harper andRow, New York, 1976.
11. Waseda, Y., , The Structure of Non-Crystalline Materials, Liquids and Amorphous Solids , McGraw-Hill, New York, 1980.
12. Karal, F. C. and J. B. Keller, "Elastic, electromagnetic, andother waves in a random medium," Journal of Mathematical Physics, No. 5, 537-547, 1964.
13. Tsang, L. and J. A. Kong, "Scattering of electromagnetic waves from random media with strong permittivity fluctuations," Radio Science, Vol. 16, 303-320, 1981.
14. Stogryn, A., "Correlation functions for random granular media in strong fluctuation theory," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 22, No. 2, 1984.
15. Keller, J. B., "Wave propagation in random media," Proceedings of Symposia in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 13, 227-246, 1962.
16. Frisch, U., "Wave propagation in Random Medium," Probabilistic Methods in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 1, 75-198, 1968.
17. Stogryn, A., "Electromagnetic scattering by random dielectric constant fluctuations in a bounded medium," Radio Science, Vol. 9, 509-518, 1974.
18. Debye, P., H. R. Anderson, Jr., and H. Brumberger, "Scattering by an Inhomogeneous Solid.II. The Correlation Function and Its Application ," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 28, No. 6, 683-683, 1957.
19. Torquato, S. and G. Stell, "Microstructure of two-phase random media–III: The n-point matrix probability functions for fully penetrable spheres ," Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 79, No. 3, 1983.
20. Torquato, S. and G. Stell, "Microstructure of two-phase random media.V. The n-point matrix probability functions for impenetrable spheres ," Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 82, 980-987, 1985.
21. Lim, H. H., M. E. Veysoglu, S. H. Yueh, R. T. Shin, and J. A. Kong , "Random medium model approach to scattering from a random collection of discrete scatterers ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 8, 801-817, 1994.
22. Nghiem, S. V., J. A. Kong, and R. T. Shin, "Study of polarimetric response of sea ice with layered random medium model," IGARSS Proceeding, Vol. 3, 1875-1878, 1990.
23. Borgeaud, M., R. T. Shin, and J. A. Kong, "Theoretical models for polarimetric radar clutter," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 1, No. 1, 73-89, 1987.
24. Jin, Y. Q. and J. A. Kong, "Strong fluctuation theory for electromagnetic wave scattering by a layer of random discrete scatterers," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 55, No. 5, 1364-1369, 1984.
25. Tsang, L., J. A. Kong, and andR. W. Newton, "Application of strong fluctuation random medium theory to scattering of electromagnetic waves from a halfspace of dielectric mixture," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-30-2, 292-302, 1982.
26. Vallese, F. and J. K. Kong, "Correlation function studies for snow and ice," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 52, 4921-4925, 1981.
27. Perovich, D. K. and A. J. Gow, "A statistical description of microstructure of young ice," J. Geophys. Res., Vol. 96, No. C9, 16943-16953, 1991.
28. Baxter, R. J., "Ornstein-Zernike relation andP ercus-Yevick approximation for fluidmixtures," J. Chem. Phys., Vol. 52, 4559-4562, 1970.
29. Ding, K. H. and L. Tsang, "Effective propagation constants in media with densely distributed dielectric particles of multiple sizes andp ermittivities," Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 1, 241-295, 1989.
30. Lebowitz, J. L., "Exact solution of generalizedP ercus-Yevick equation for a mixture of hardspheres ," Phys. Rev., Vol. 133, A895-899, 1964.
31. Wertheim, M. S., "Analytic solution of the Percus-Yevick equation," J. Math. Phys., Vol. 5, 643-651, 1964.