In this paper, the problem of scattering and radiation in the presence of a material half-space is solved using the Transient spectral domain method (TSDM). The TSDM is a general theoretical approach for exact solution to the time-dependent sources radiation in the presence of stratified media. A source used is an electrically short magnetic dipole with impulse current distribution in time domain. It is located in air region in the vicinity of lossy half-space. The method requires the proper spatial Fourier transform for theoretical formulation of the problem. The new closed-form expressions is achieved in terms of spectral domain variable and time. Also a number of special cases are presented for verification of this procedure.
2. Wait, J. R., Electromagnetic Probing in Geophysics, The Golem Press, Boulder, Colo., 1971.
3. Park, I., R. Mittra, and M. I. Akusn, "Numerically analysis of planar microstrip configurations using closed form Green’s functions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 43, 394-400, 1995.
4. Van der Pol, B., "On discontinuous electromagnetic waves and the occurrence of a surface wave," IRE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 4, 288-293, 1956.
5. Nikoskinen, K. I. and I. V. Lindell, "Time-domain analysis of Sommerfeld VMD problem with exact image theory," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 38, 241-250, Feb. 1990.
6. Nikoskinen, K. I., "Time-domain study of half-space transmission problem with vertical and horizontal dipoles," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 41, 1399-1407, Oct. 1993.
7. Wait, J. R., "On the electromagnetic pulse response of a dipole over a plane surface," Can. J. Phys., Vol. 52, 193-196, 1974.
8. Wait, J. R., "On the theory of transient electromagnetic sounding over a stratified earth," Can. J. Phys., Vol. 50, 1055-1061, 1972.
9. Wait, J. R. and K. P. Spies, "Transient fields for an electric dipole in a dissipative media," Can. J. Phys., Vol. 48, 1858-1862, 1970.
10. Haddad, H. and D. C. Cheng, "Transient electromagnetic field generated by a vertical electrical dipole on the surface of a dissipative earth," Radio Science, Vol. 16, No. 2, 169-177, 1981.
11. Kooij, B. J., "Transient electromagnetic field of a vertical magnetic dipole above a plane conducting earth," Radio Science, Vol. 25, No. 4, 349-356, 1990.
12. Pao, H., S. L. Dvorak, and D. G. Dudley, "An accurate and efficient analysis for transient plane waves obliquely incident on the conductive half space (TE case)," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 44, 918-924, July 1996.
13. Pao, H., S. L. Dvorak, and D. G. Dudley, "An accurate and efficient analysis for transient plane waves obliquely incident on the conductive half space (TM case)," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 44, 918-924, July 1996.
14. Ezzeddine, A., J. A. Kong, and L. Tsang, "Transient fields of a vertical electric dipole over a two-layer nondispersive dielectric," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 52, 1202-1208, March 1981.
15. Ezzeddine, A. and J. A. Kong, "Time response of a vertical dipole over a two layer medium by the double deformation technique," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 53, 813-822, Feb. 1982.
16. Mahmoud, S. F., A. Z. Botros, and J. R. Wait, "Transient electromagnetic fields of a vertical magnetic dipole on a two-layer earth," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 67, 1022-1029, July 1979.
17. Abo Seliem, A. A. S., "Transient electromagnetic field of a vertical electric dipole above an atmospheric surface duct," Radio Science, Vol. 31, 833-840, July–August 1996.
18. De Hoop, A. T., "Pulsed electromagnetic radiation from a line source in a two-media configuration," Radio Science, Vol. 14, 253-268, March–April 1979.
19. Kuester, E. F., "The transient electromagnetic field of a pulsed line source located above a dispersively reflecting surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 32, 1154-1162, Nov. 1984.
20. Banos, A., Dipole Radiation in the Presence of a Conducting Half-space, Pergamon Press, London, 1966.
21. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill Co., London, 1941.
22. Kevorkian, J., Partial Differential Equations, Brooks/cole Co., California, 1990.